A.geniculata sling upright molt pics.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
crazy title.

anyways, caught one of my little buggers doin an standing molt. I've noticed more andmore of my guys molting like this.

anyways, sorry for the non-macro. will get a new cam soon ;)

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he kind of fell over halfway through the molt.. i've got a strict policy of not touching my guys while they're molting, though. Nice to say, he came out alright.

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow it's like the special beds the astronaughts sleep in...

I've had a spider do this too, was a small P.Irminia and I assumed it was somewhat normal with arboreals, but terrestrial ones seem a little odd!

I wonder how a spider would moult in a zero-gravity state? That'd be a good one if any of us spider-enthuasts work for NASA eh? ;)

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
nice pics, and congrats on the molt!
I'm just wonderin what people that don't know much about spiders might think when they see that cup with the huge label 'GIANT WHITE KNEE', and look inside and find a tiny spider...:D

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
nice pics, and congrats on the molt!
I'm just wonderin what people that don't know much about spiders might think when they see that cup with the huge label 'GIANT WHITE KNEE', and look inside and find a tiny spider...:D
haha! Yeah the reactions I get are priceless when showing people the "Theraphosa Blondi; World's largest tarantula!" and it's only 1.5 inches.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha thats the cup i bought the T in.. its home for 4 more molts, then its off to a new deli cup :)

its pretty cool to see them lift UP right out of it, but s/he toppled over. Glad it all came to fruition.

Now, NHL2k awaits ;)

peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
for that guy (depending on what you mean by COMPLETELY), it was about 30 minutes getting out of the exuv.

took a bit of time to harden up though..

gained about a quarter of an inch too, which is cool. Some of the old abdomen stuck on the new abdomen, but it'll all shed off next molt.

peace
dave