Regalis and cambridgei just hanging out together!

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
now i must say, that is probably one of the best pics i have seen:worship:

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
did the movie Alien got their idea of the babe from baby T~

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
now i must say, that is probably one of the best pics i have seen:worship:
Thank you sir!:)

I am going to try and get a picture of the starting growth inside an egg tonight. My rufilata eggs are at the stage where there is a central stem of sorts forming. I am not even sure what you would call it. From what I have seen right after this the stem flattens out some and legs jet to the right and left from it. It’s really cool to watch, but I have not tried to get pictures of it. I don't think it is going to be easy to capture but it's worth a try!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice macro shot Ryan!what settings did u shoot it with?ive been messing with some really low shutterspeeds lately.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice macro shot Ryan!what settings did u shoot it with?ive been messing with some really low shutterspeeds lately.
I do believe my shutter speed for this one was 160 or so because I did not use a flash. And the Aperture was F9. The light from the lamp was so damn bright I could not go any slower then that without getting a white out.

And just by posting this I see I had my white balance on the wrong mode. :rolleyes: One of these days Ill remember to change that. I can fix it in photo shop I guess, but I like how it turned out.

File Name: Camreg.jpg (rename)

Taken With: NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D300

File Size: 120 kb - 1024x680 Taken On: 2008:06:07 21:48:12

Date/Time: 2008:06:07 21:48:12 Resolution: 1024 x 680

Flash Used: No Focal Length: 105.0mm (35mm equivalent: 157...

Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160) Aperture: f/9.0

Whitebalance: Manual Light Source: Flash

Metering Mode: spot Exposure: Manual

Exposure Mode: Manual Exposure Mode: Auto bracketing

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well hey it worked nicely.you def got good results with this shot.i need to mess with the whitebalance still.ive just been using auto since i got the camera.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Auto is not a bad option, but if you are outside in bright sun, or inside using a flash I would try and remember to change that setting.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My rufilata eggs are at the stage where there is a central stem of sorts forming. I am not even sure what you would call it. From what I have seen right after this the stem flattens out some and legs jet to the right and left from it. It’s really cool to watch, but I have not tried to get pictures of it. I don't think it is going to be easy to capture but it's worth a try!
Firstly, those are awesome pictures, Ryan. I really do want to see more of them.

I think the structure you are talking about is called the embryonic axis... or at least it'd probably be called that in a higher organism.
Unfortunately, I don't know much about invertebrate developmental biology. I'll see what I can dig up at work tomorrow.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Its really hard to photograph! I keep failing.
Try back lighting the subject.
It might help if they are placed on a lit surface. Make sure you use fluorescent bulbs, so you do not fry them in the process.

Nice capture!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got the best I could. Uploading now. At least you can see the stem thing in the middle I was trying to describe.