Fancy mantis tank.

ArachnoBasement

Arachnopeon
I just finished building a neat terrarium for my P. wahlbergii. It's a 12x12x12 Exo-Terra with a drip wall I made. I know it's a bit extreme for 'just mantids' but afterwards it will be great for geckos or tree frogs. Here are some pics!

Far away view:

Closer:

The home owner:

Villosa

Arachnopeon
Wow, looks very nice! Loving the waterfall in the background. Any problems feeding? Sometimes prey might be hard for the mantis to catch, being an ambush predaotr and all. But she looks very fat and healthy.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice setup. I solve the feeding problem by tweezer feeding mine. Beautiful mantis also.

auroborus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
awesome set up :worship: , my baby chinese mantis only has a jar(its about a foot tall) of dirt with a small weed and a tree in the center (yes both plants are living and doing ok). This mantis i just caught today since my old one died while molting so there a few isopods still in there and a swarm of baby ones that I use to clean up dead bugs. I was deff a little startled when I found two of them tearing away at a cricket carcass :eek:

anaconda19

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow great looking setup and yes it will be good for anoles or frogs and other things after the short life of the mantis. well done on that setup!!

ArachnoBasement

Arachnopeon
Thanks anaconda! I don't think I'll use this for anoles though, it came out too well. lol I think I'm going to put my trio of vietnamese mossy frogs in here sometime in the near future.

LongDucDong

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice! I had a pair of P. wahlbergii and miss them TONS. :( I see yours are mature, enjoy every second you can with them!