Recovery?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anyone seen a T recover from a lump like this. There even is some blackish scar tissue present as well. It's hard to tell in the picture but it is protruding pretty far and almost transparent looking from the side.

Steven Valys

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From all the advice and insight on these lumps(hernias), most don't make it. It will rupture from abrasions in the environment, swelling of the abdomen, or the soft exo of a molt. If anyone can add to this or correct me, a few of us could use a hand.

best of luck Ryan!

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I have had a few already in the past and they all resulted in death. I was just seeing if anyone had one make it. I was going to buy this rufilata girl, but when we spotted this they just gave it to me. I doubt I can save her, but I will make her comfortable till she passes.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How would a lump like that develop? Is it just a "natural" thing like a human hernia(of sorts)? I have not seen that before.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't see it very often, and I have no idea how it forms. I suspected rough shipping on a few cases where they could have taken some blunt trauma from being bounced around, but this girl was never shipped anywhere so that is out of the question as a suspect cause.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Ryan,

I have one right now that has something worse than that. Her abdomen was actually open and you could seen her book lung. That was when she first molted and im not sure how it looks now. I wasn't sure if she was going to be able to make it through the molt but she did. She was about 5 inches and was in premolt since last October or so. She wouldn't molt at all! She finally did last week and it was pretty amazing. I know none of that helps but here is a picture of her abdomen before the molt. I will get a picture of it after. It actually looked like a ball inside of her.

Bob

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No it didn't improve... the abdomen actually opened up and I could see the inside of her. I will get a shot this Sunday when I pull her back out to check her condition. And to really answer your question... I think it might have gotten worse.

Bob

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. I was actually contemplating trying to lance the wound so it would drain maybe then sealing it. It might be a bad idea, but it might be better then trying nothing.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know the first thought that crossed my mind was... Maybe I could remove this. I have no clue what its connect to, if its a tumor or something similar, or filled with liquid. It might be worth a try..

Did the P. rufilata just molt?

Bob

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am going to put her under today with Co2 and try to lance the wound and glue it after. I will take picture of the whole thing. Maybe a video as well. Wish me luck.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i had something very similar looking with my lrge ad fem P.ornata after a moult.she moulted again 3days ago and looks to be fine again now.Moulted quicker than her usual cycle would be though.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i had something very similar looking with my lrge ad fem P.ornata after a moult.she moulted again 3days ago and looks to be fine again now.Moulted quicker than her usual cycle would be though.
If it was not so big Id have some faith in the fact that it might be corrected. But considering she just molted and it looks horrible I guess I will take my chances.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well that was interesting. She is fully awake now. That o2 really put her down hard. Only took about 4-5 minutes to do it. Once she was out I lanced the cyst and I barely had to touch it and it exploded. Liquid band aid was applied and a few hours later she is acting like nothing happened. So I hope she pulls through. They cyst is much small now too.

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow way to go on the operation I really hope that she pulls through.Post some after surgery pics.

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where's the video Ryan?? This I really want to see!! Happy to hear she recovered from the procedure fine.