Chaetopelma olivaceum mating

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm not sure if these have been bred in the US yet but here is my first attempt. {D They went right at it and there wasn't any drumming. The female was VERY receptive which was really nice. I thought she might put up a fight since she does have a lot of attitude. They hooked up for about an hour then I separated them. He didn't want to stop but he was just sitting there drumming her underside with his pedipalps. anyways here are some pictures. :} :} :} :}

Bob

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just check with Eric (GoTerps). He should more than likely be able to tell you if these have been bred in the US. good luck with them!

-dan-

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck Bob!

Not sure if these have been CB over here before or not... if they have it was probably awhile back (and would have been called C. gracile at that time).

I'd like to raise some of the slings if you're successful. I have some C. olivaceum from Egypt arriving in November.

Eric

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fantastic pictures Bob, way to go! Best of luck with the breeding.

Veneficus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cool, I hope the mating proves successful! Great pics!

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wanted to let everyone know that she did make an egg sac! I will post a picture of it here in the next couple of days though. {D {D {D {D

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
congratuls! is the first c.olivaceum egg sack in u.s? it would be awesome.
wish you luck. wish i could get some slings again..

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
is this the one formelly known as C. gracile?

ive collected a couple of wild caughts but i think their both male.im still looking for more:p hopefully i can breed them also

Last edited:

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
is this the one formelly known as C. gracile?

ive collected a couple of wild caughts but i think their both male.im still looking for more:p hopefully i can breed them also
yes they were c.gracile.. that's a very good thing you can actually catch them outside . lucky you! .
the c.olivaceums i had before were from israel.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe that this is the first time they have been bred in the US.

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
possible, theyr not such a well known species like the rest. kind of underrated i guess cause of there small size. I think theyr preety cool. Some times they pack a lot of attitude aswell:)

Are there any C. Karlamani in the us?