Some Pokie sexing... again

varucu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello guys,

as i tend to be more subjective when i sex mine, i need your help again :8o Here we go:

Formosa

Miranda

Rufilata

Subfusca

Tigris

Thank you very much in advance.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Its hard to tell on the mirandas and the formosas.

Basically the epigastric furrow of both sexes under 2" look the same. They can go either way. Males and females will have a little arch in there, albeit not a well defined arch. I suggest waiting for another molt on these guys.

rufilata - female - and really fat
subfusca 1 - female
tigris 1 - male - first pic looks female, second looks male
tigris 2 - female

These ones I'm certain on. Females will sometimes trick you into thinking they're male because they have a little tuft of hair near the furrow that reflects light and makes it look like a notch. The first tigris I'm about 90% on female 10% male due to this phenomenon. Better pics would also help confirm. Good luck!

varucu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks a million for your more than complete answer. And your right: mirandas and formosas are kinda small (3-4 cm) to be sexed this way, although i really wanted to know i have at least oane miranda female :( but i guess i'm not too far finding that out anyway. But you know how eager one can get :D. About the tigris, that exactly why i showed them pictures, because i saw those two you posted and they kinda' blew me away :D Thanks again!

Last edited:

aveul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Formosa 1 & 2 are males

Miranda 1 & 2 looks the same and I would say they look females. The rest are clearly males and the 5 one is the big man {D
So... the 1 & 2 are both females or both males {D

Subfusca looks female but is cca 3-4 cm, right? Is not to young to sex at this size Noexcuse4you ?

Tigrinawesseli, both of them look the same, almost same size and look very females!

I`m very courios about formosa and miranda... where are you talkenlate? :cool:

Congrats and nice animals you got!:worship:

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Subfusca looks female but is cca 3-4 cm, right? Is not to young to sex at this size Noexcuse4you
This is a horrible pic of my male subfusca at 1.25". They are by far the easiest to sex at this size. So I'm almost positive that one is female. Having taken another look at the formosas, I'd have to agree that they do look male.

varucu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So no formosa females after all :( Time to fill up the piggy bank again. Thanks guys ;)

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I thought I'd like to add something else to this thread. This is a 1" P. regalis that was later sexed as female a few months later. This is why I generally wait until the 2" mark to sex my T's.

Here she is now.

varucu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think even though the ef area looks like that, you can still tell the gender by looking at the hairs above it. But I also think this is a matter of practice and comes with experience in time. Anyway this is really informative.

aveul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought I'd like to add something else to this thread. This is a 1" P. regalis that was later sexed as female a few months later. This is why I generally wait until the 2" mark to sex my T's.

Here she is now.

So you are saying that maybe the formosa & miranda will turn on females?