Baby B. albopilosum triumphs over Drosophila

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But it was a battle! Pesky flies!

A few stills:

And a little vid of the action. I love the way the flies keep escaping after she thinks she has them corralled! (Note--no action to speak of after 2:40):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkZ32XF9-Ww

Feisty things come in small packages! :)

--Diane

Red Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL It's like going to a buffet place for dinner, sooo many things to try and you don't know where to start ;) But to her credit she figured it out!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She is adorable!!!!!!!! She looked like she got one in the end, and she is still figuring all of this hunting stuff out. Very, very cute.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks all! It's always nice to know someone's looking. :)

--Diane

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
looked like she had two, but one always dropped. had a T that would hold more than one crix at a time.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think her ultimate total was 4! She had subdued one before the vid--the central, inert fly. (The inert flies around the edge are ones that were dead before they were tapped out of the fly culture...she will have nothing to do with those.) But towards the end of the vid there are two of her captures in the center, plus one in her chelicerae...I stopped taking pics, but the action went on for quite a while--and I can just watch for hours...

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL, adorable. Thanks for sharing. It's like when she finally stomps off with one firmly in her grasp she is one proud B albo! Mine was raised on the same.