New species found! Beautiful metallic pink terrestrial from S.America! *56K warning*

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Check it out!

Yeah, I know I have made these topics before, but I just had to show this girl off. G rosea gets labeled too often as a cheap, undesired tarantula, but mine are all beautiful once they reach their adult colors. Kind of like the ugly duckling. This girl belongs to Bennett, and her carapace gleams with a metallic color that is almost purple! She is next on the list to get a visit my my MM RCF, so hopefully I can get some really impressive babies.

She molted about three weeks ago, here is what she looked like pre-molt:

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
While I am at it, how long should one wait after sperm-web making and breeding? Because I just caught my boy doing this:

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a mature female rosie that looks like that. Very good looking. Now all I want is for her to stay out more so that I can see more of the pink carapace, instead of her grey legs.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's amazing how nice they look when freshly molted, huh? Nice shots and a nice T too.

As for your question, I believe that if they're making sperm webs then they're ready.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Cool, he will be meeting female #2 tomorrow then.

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
at certain angles, my friend's MM rosie has emerald legs. Just breed it to my rosie:D , is that normal

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Never heard of emerald legs, though I have yet to see a normal color form MM G rosea. Post some pics of it!