A moment of silence for Beast and his passing :(

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only scorpion of mine that had a name (given to him by a friend who had never seen an arachnid that large....and he was a monster {D ) Lived by the sword and died of old age.

Beast
Emperor Scorpion
Born: ?? - Died: Dec 9th 2008
  • 6 & 1/2 inches of pure terror and aggressiveness
  • Eater of anything smaller than himself
  • One of my homie's

May he rest in peace and pinch an angels ass {D
...Ok I have to say it, I've lost scorpions before and not cared much but this really blows.

Last edited:

v4climber

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
(( Wait, moment of silence, should I not post? ))

Sorry bout your loss man, thus why I don't name my inverts... My girlfriend does, but I don't.

T.ass-mephisto

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am very sorry for your loss.......i hope beast is terrorizing crickets and mice in the afterlife.....a toast to beast!!!

--tom--

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks all. Yeah, I never name my inverts either. A buddy of mine named this one and it stuck. After that, I never really called him 'Beast' but it's very difficult not to think of something by it's name once the name has been established.

...A toast to Beast indeed. Many thanks.

and you gotta love the 'Old School' reference. :)

davidbarber1

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh Danny Boy (Beasty Boy), the pipes, the pipes are calling...................... It does not matter if they have names or not, the animal was in your possesion. Everytime I lose one, there is still some grief :8o But life goes on and so does your collection {D

David

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh Danny Boy (Beasty Boy), the pipes, the pipes are calling...................... It does not matter if they have names or not, the animal was in your possesion. Everytime I lose one, there is still some grief :8o But life goes on and so does your collection {D

David
Agreed on the some greif. Now, I don't know if it was the name or the character or a combination of both, but for all my other losses, it just didn't matter as much and I didn't really miss them. This one really hit home. It officially sucks. I too laughed out loud at the 'Old School' reference, so special thanks to fauxshow. However, I appreciate all the support from everyone through these trying times. I'm open to suggestions on an appropriate time period of grief before ordering another scorpion to take the place of Beast (though I seriously doubt it will be as cool as he was).

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry for your loss:(
i tried to give him a moment of silence but it gave me the 10 characters or less rule:rolleyes:

Arachtis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hate it when any of my inverts expire, the rest of my family thinks I'm "weird" for getting upset about it, but they just don't understand! I'm sure Beast was a fine fellow, and you have my condolences.

Look on the bight side, at least you have an enclosure ready for another scorpion of some kind.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hate it when any of my inverts expire, the rest of my family thinks I'm "weird" for getting upset about it, but they just don't understand! I'm sure Beast was a fine fellow, and you have my condolences.

Look on the bight side, at least you have an enclosure ready for another scorpion of some kind.
That is true.

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks like he was a monster. sounds like it too.
You bet your butt he was. Too bad he went so early (actually, who knows how old he was when I got him). From how agressive your female is, if we ever had gotten these two together to tango, the scorplings they would have had would have been the most fiesty little monsters ever..and they would have grown to be fiesty huge monsters.