Parotostigmus rex

female with eggs

MAle and female in terrarium

MAle

female

Scolopendra hermosa

Rhysida celeris andina

Venezuelides hasei

Ken the Bug guy has some of these available still, very nice and interesting centis, well worth the money if you are a serious centi keeper, besides these are the first centis from Peru in a long time. The P rex can be sex if you want to do a breeding project.

Parotostigmus rex

Rhysida celeris andina

regards
francisco

Last edited:

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey Francisco,

Hello All,
Some of these can be sex if you want to do a breeding project.

Paraotostigmus rex
Rhysida celeris andina
1) It's Parotostigmus rex without "a" ;)
2) Curious how you manage to sex Rhysida celeris andina 100% sure. Bet you tell me. ;)

Nice additions! But there were a few Peru imports in 2008. Guess not in the US?

Regards,
Turgut

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome new additions!:clap: I really lke the Hermosa :drool:

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Francisco,

1) It's Parotostigmus rex without "a" ;)
2) Curious how you manage to sex Rhysida celeris andina 100% sure. Bet you tell me. ;)

Nice additions! But there were a few Peru imports in 2008. Guess not in the US?

Regards,
Turgut
Hello

I was only able to learn about sex on the P rex, not on the R celeris andina sorry for the confusion

The female I have on eggs (P rex), well now already formed centis is lacking the flap little thing (Sorry I don't know the proper name) on the inner part of their terminal legs. The other ones seems to have them. i also read on another Centipedes pages that males will have these flap like protusions on their terminals legs not present on females.

These centis were legally imported from Peru an came in in December 08, hopefully next shipmet, will have some of the Bigger scolopedras, if I can find an specific location for collecting them.

regards
FRANCISCO

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi,

okay - i was a little bit confused about the Rhysida. :)
Genus Parotostigmus is easy to sex by the small tube-like appendix on prefemur, that's right.

There are some other species like S. canidens that differ in shape of terminal legs (male/female), but usually centipedes don't have secondary sexual dimorphisms (or better: not yet known).

regards,
Turgut

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Very nice pedes indeed! Does anyone know if Rhysida celeris andina is available in europe? It looks wicked :)

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man those rock! I'm tempted to get Venezuelides hasei. I think I will end up passing them up but I'm thinking about it.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well you ended up making me have to get a Hermosa now :wall: These pics are awesome as I said before though, Great work and awesome pedes, I wish my Rhysida looked that good:D