LPS Mystery T!! marked as a starburst baboon..

agent lead

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
no idea what this is but i liked it because it was silvery grey....really awesome looking T but obviously not a starburst baboon...

any ideas on what this may be?

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My A. Seemani looks exactly like that. Give him lots of substrate!

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm guessing Aphonopelma seemani 90%. The striping on the legs is a good sign but, the brown spinneretes are almost a dead give away.

The mirror patch on the abdomen has me confused though.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think A.seemani too though I haven't seen one that heavily bodied.

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe a gravid WC A. seemani? That helps with the fat part.

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
looks like my A.seemanni my girl has a fat booty too! and she isn't gravid just huge.

Avix4me

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm agreeing with A.Seemani. Either way its a beautiful spider!

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got mine fat. And it has funny poo :p This T is alot of fun to have.

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks kinda different. I don't know what it is. The legs are throwing me off. The stripes are more distinct on a A. Seemani. Here's mine:
Oh and, don't mind the substrate. It was my first T and I was pretty badly informed. It's now digging happily in a new enclosure in some nice comfy substrate =)

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Acanthoscurria borealis
Yeah I was suprised at how quickly every one jump on the A. Seemani boat.

What exactly are the diffferences between Aphonopelma seemani and Acanthoscurria borealis? I had started a thread some.....time ago with the same question but never really got a good answer. And it seems this comes up quite a bit, as these little guys keep popping up in LPSs.

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah I was suprised at how quickly every one jump on the A. Seemani boat.

What exactly are the diffferences between Aphonopelma seemani and Acanthoscurria borealis? I had started a thread some.....time ago with the same question but never really got a good answer. And it seems this comes up quite a bit, as these little guys keep popping up in LPSs.
I never found a caresheet on that species, So I'm not sure what to compare it to. I do know that A. Seemani are known to burrow and move things around, are a little bit skittish but not really aggressive or defensive. Fits my little guy perfectly.