Can anyone identify this T for me.

Scottharris6060

Arachnopeon
The guy i get most of my Tarantulas from said he was even unsure, but he thinks the common name is a Costa Rican Chestnutt. but I cant find any pictures or anything on it. oh and when i got him he was missin a leg so his/her name is Gimpy.

Thanks
Scott

PC280431111.jpg

Last edited:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hello,
Its not Aphonopelma seemani.My guesse is Acanthoscurria borealis .
Try doing a search for this species on the forum.
-Chris

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i checked out an A seemani yesterday that was real pale like that.

Scottharris6060

Arachnopeon
thanks guys, Im still not sure. it has the same body and shape, but the colors just dont match up. it has never looked like a costa rican zebra. but it might be who knows. Thanks again.

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aphonopelma sp.

The spider often wrongly sold as A. seemanni. WC's are being commonly exported from Guatemala.

Maybe we can just begin labeling them Aphonopelma sp. "Motagua valley" as Eddy suggested.

Eric

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Orange spiner's mean seemani correct? That is what it looks like to me...

Skuromis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi!
Orange spiner's mean seemani correct? That is what it looks like to me...
No it doesn't, you apply the logic wrong. It is said, A. seemanni does have orange spiner's, which doesn't mean at the same time, it would be specific for this species only. You could say, a spider is not A. seemanni when it lacks the orange spinaretts. But you cannot say it is an A. seemanni when there is a spider with orange spinaretts.

Ciao,
Marc.

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aphonopelma sp.

The spider often wrongly sold as A. seemanni. WC's are being commonly exported from Guatemala.

Maybe we can just begin labeling them Aphonopelma sp. "Motagua valley" as Eddy suggested.

Eric
or just Aphonopelma sp." Guatemala". I just submitted a little article about these for the ATS forum magazine.

cheers

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Has anyone ever checked or considered if these could be Citharacanthus livingstoni? It has always been my uneducated guess.

Eddy?

Martin

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Martin,
last Stuttgart show i showed all my central america photos to Dirk and J-P Rudloff. they did not think it was C. livingstoni. that is enough to convince me!

Eddy

Scottharris6060

Arachnopeon
ive had that T for a while now, and no molt yet, so if and when it molts ill post a new pic of it and see if we can decide. Thanks