Full Tarantula List

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So after getting tired of looking for names of tarantulas in list that are hard to read I compiled a new list that is straight forward Genus and Species of all the tarantulas and where they are from. Let me know if anyone sees mistakes or has anything to add. I will be working on adding care to each by clicking on name and pictures for all the ones I have pictures for. It took a ton of time just making the list ;)

By Country

By Genus

Kirk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks, Ken. I'll use it. Was good to meet you at the Bug Fair last weekend in Los Angeles. Over 14,200 people attended!

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
maybe this should be stickified? made a sticky?
Agreed.

Very interesting... There's a lot of species I've never heard about. For example, I didn't know there's been any other Citharischius than crawshayi.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
totally

Agreed.

Very interesting... There's a lot of species I've never heard about. For example, I didn't know there's been any other Citharischius than crawshayi.
Yah I was supprised at some of the stuff I never heard of or new existed.

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
met

Thanks, Ken. I'll use it. Was good to meet you at the Bug Fair last weekend in Los Angeles. Over 14,200 people attended!
It was a fun show. Crazy amounts of people. Never talked so much in my life!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks :) I thought you had a list was why I was confused. Yah that is a great sticky and would be honored to be part of it!
Aw, you're swell. :)

I already added it, so hopefully from this thread and from the sticky, your site will see tons more traffic.

I'm bookmarking the links myself; they're great info to have handy!

--Joe

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Well, I noted three recent changes/newly described species that are missing.

• Grammostola borelli (transferred from Avicularia)
  • Grammostola pulchripes (senior synonym of G. aureostriata)
  • Oligoxystre diamantinensis (newly described species, paper recently published by Bertani et al.)

Note that these cannot be found in The World Spider Catalog yet (last update was before the publication of these works), but they are valid works.

• Gabriel, R. 2009. Changes to the nomenclature of some Grammostola species (Araneae: Theraphosidae) Exotiske Insekter no. 73. 7-13
  • Bertani, R., Santos, T. dos, Righi, A.F. 2009 A new species of Oligoxystre Vellard 1924 (Araneae, Theraphosidae) from Brazil. ZooKeys 5: 41-51

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, I noted three recent changes/newly described species that are missing.

• Grammostola borelli (transferred from Avicularia)
  • Grammostola pulchripes (senior synonym of G. aureostriata)
  • Oligoxystre diamantinensis (newly described species, paper recently published by Bertani et al.)

Note that these cannot be found in The World Spider Catalog yet (last update was before the publication of these works), but they are valid works.

• Gabriel, R. 2009. Changes to the nomenclature of some Grammostola species (Araneae: Theraphosidae) Exotiske Insekter no. 73. 7-13
  • Bertani, R., Santos, T. dos, Righi, A.F. 2009 A new species of Oligoxystre Vellard 1924 (Araneae, Theraphosidae) from Brazil. ZooKeys 5: 41-51
Thanks Zoltan I will go add them now!

Dppires

Arachnopeon
Hey Ken, congrats man, AMAZING job! Bookmarked already. Just one thing though: The spider in the picture is a Avicularia fasciculata, a wild specimen found in Bahia, Brazil. How do I know? I Live in Brazil and the person with the spider in the photo is a friend of mine. These little guys just keep getting into his house, lot os them, specially MM.

I noticed that you didn´t include this species as a brazilian species in the list. Not that "South America" is incorrect, but, hey, they are from Brazil, lol.

Just thought it would help. Thanks again for the great work! Too bad I live over here and can´t buy anything from you.

Later,
Dan

Last edited:

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey Ken, congrats man, AMAZING job! Bookmarked already. Just one thing though: The spider in the picture is a Avicularia fasciculata, a wild specimen found in Bahia, Brazil. How do I know? I Live in Brazil and the person with the spider in the photo is a friend of mine. These little guys just keep getting into his house, lot os them, specially MM.

I noticed that you didn´t include this species as a brazilian species in the list. Not that "South America" is incorrect, but, hey, they are from Brazil, lol.

Just thought it would help. Thanks again for the great work! Too bad I live over here and can´t buy anything from you.

Later,
Dan
Mainly cause its found so many places over there its just easier to have south america :)

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, neat list! I'd love to see what each species looks like. Imagine how many still haven't been discovered. Kinda cool that Aphonopelma has the most representatives