[Warning] Frankie_Dank (Francis Massella)

varanidfan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He just came on to another forum a few days ago as a newb with his first T's so I'd be very cautious

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm working out a trade. Of course, I'm having him send his end first. If they arrive safely, I'll send my end. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just a little update. He decided to keep the subfusca. He sent me a shipping label and a money order for some ornata. The money order cleared and his order is going out today.

Frankie_Dank

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
FYI I have a couple of reviews now and a lot more coming in the next few days check them out yourself ;)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WARNING: "Frankie_Dank" (Francis Massella)

BEWARE OF "Frankie_Dank" (Francis Massella, New Haven, CT)

I hate to do this, but this person just stole $150 from me .

For the past couple of weeks I have been posting in the Classifieds section
of Arachnoboards a WTB (Want To Buy) ad looking for a female Brachypelma Emilia at 4 inches or bigger.

Last Monday 25th of May, "Frankie_Dank" (Francis Massella) sent me a Personal Message saying that he has a gorgeous B. Emilia Female that he wants to get rid of. This is his pm:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankie_Dank

Hey, I noticed you were looking for a b. Emelia, I don't have any pictures of her but she belonged to my ex girlfriend... I want her gone ASAP, she's about 5" make me an offer!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I answered him that the tarantula would be for my wife, so please to send me a picture of her to my e mail address, as well as giving me some info on the T. I told him that I would like her to be really docile and chunky looking.
This is what he answers me back:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankie_Dank

Super docile, super chunky... But no pictures, sorry. I have no camera.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well..."Everybody has a phone camara" - I thought...Especially a 21 year old kid...But well, what can I do.

Then I answered him that well, I understand, and that I had almost closed
a deal with a couple of members for 4 inchers Females B. Emilia for
$150. I asked him how does that price sound for his girl.

I did some research on him and I saw that he was kinda new on the boards, but well he has 2 good reviews on here.
Of course I doubt...But well, for once, lets trust. I asked him for his Paypal address.

This is what he pm's me:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frankie_Dank

I only do money orders so I can ship when I receive payment... Not sure of her exact age but she feeds like a monster when she's hungry. And like I said I want her gone so I'll let her go for whatever (Member) was going to let the 4" go for! And I only ship express
Let me know what you wanna do
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I told him that after all, He only has 2 reviews on the boards, he does not accept Paypal and very politely I told him that I just hoped that everything goes smooth and I could give him a very nice review after I receive the T.
I pretty much asked him "Please dont screw me" but extremely politely.

He tells me not to worry and that I will be very happy with him.

Well, On Tuesday 26th of May, I sent him a money order for $150 via USPS
EXPRESS, (I paid $18 ) So he can get it right away.
Wednesday morning I asked him if he received the Money Order,
He says he received it, stated here:
Frankie_Dank
I just called my GF at home and she said that it's here

Thanks again

I explained to him that I needed the T to be shipped as soon as possible because my work schedule is really tight and I needed to take a day off work to be home for the package.

He promissed me that he will ship the tarantula on Thursday 28th of May.

Thursday morning I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number. this is what he answers me:
Frankie_Dank

I am currently in the hospital... My grandmother is having almost 15" of her intestine removed... I will be shipping once I leave...

Thanks again

Well. I dont believe it at all. Why?
Because he was online in the boards during the whole morning.

So Frankie; You are in the Hospital, your grand mother is being operated and removed 15" of her intestine but you are pm'ing people, looking in the classifieds section and chilling in the boards?????

Since that very moment he is been online in the boards almost EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR and he has been totally ignoring all my pm's.

I have been extremely polite with him even though I do not believe a single word from him. I have sent him over 10 pm's asking to
Please ship my tarantula and send me a tracking number as promised

But he dos nothing but ignoring me.
Frankie, do you think I dont know you are online and ignoring me???

I told him yesterday that, if today Monday 1st of Jun I did not receive either the tarantula or a tracking number or an answer from him, I would post this warning and of course a bad review in every single Arachnosite in the United states Of America.

"Frankie-Dank" just plain and simple stole $150 from me. He just have my $150 and obviously he is not planning on sending anything to me.
Beware of this person and do not let him take any money and advantage of another victim.

PS: I can prvide all his personal messages, the receipt of the money order, the receipt of the money order sent via USPS EXPRESS and his address.
I will post all this if needed.

IF ANYBODY AT ANYTIME HAS ANY QUIESTION ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND THIS PERSON, I WILL BE EXTREMELY HAPPY TO ANSWER ALL YOUR PM'S .

Frankie_Dank you wont get away with this.

Last edited:

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've sent a couple PM's regarding Slings as well and have recieved no response. I'm local and wanted to pick things up instead of having them shipped.

Hopefully, things are ok with his grandmother and he'll get back to all of us shortly.

sinflspeed

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. I was alittle skeptical myself when I asked for a total on a shipment he said he needed a Money Order made out to his Girlfriend because he did not have an ID. I was completely hesitant. After reading this I am glad I waited. Sucked you didn't stick with your gut feeling. Wish I had some small juvies amn I would give you one for free. SERIOUSLY!

KadeshAvic

Arachnopeon
He is on a lot. It is possible that he leaves his account up, I do that myself a lot. That or he could be on an iPhone or something, I've done that a fair amount.

I got two slings last week from him (P. cambridgei and P. irminia).., just payed 30 via a money order. I would say give him time, but you never know. It would be interesting from the others that got his sling package for free.

Life happens, hopefully you didn't get screwed, but my dealings were very positive.

:?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Freankie_Dank finally contacted me and told me he will send me a money order for $150 next Tuesday.

I will keep everybody updated. I really hope this get fixed Frankie.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
I also sent Frank a money order last week , and have yet to see my slings . The whole money order only thing seemed a little funny , but he was quick to respond to my PMs and seemed genuine . Now , ten days later and I can't get a response .

Last edited:

bwd

Arachnopeon
Makes at least 3 then. Appears he hasn't logged in since the 4th. Hoping he's just away, if I don't hear from him next week I'll be doing everything I can to get in touch.

-Brian

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well,this is getting ridiculous. Now more people is showing up with the same story.

He promissed me last week he will send me a money order this Tuesday 9th Jun.
For some reason I dont have the feeling that this will end up good.

jmiller

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well he got me on a trade that he even acknowledged in a review thread here:
Good guy I sent him a couple of psalms and he sent me a ton of roaches

A pleasure to do business with
I am sure it was a pleasure to do a one sided trade. Thanks Frankie.

He kept saying that he needed extra time to mail them out then all of a sudden not communication. I know he was on the boards and got the messages.

It sure sucks that some people can not be trusted. I was looking forward to adding two new slings to my collection. Oh well. Time to move on.

Last edited:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for posting this and please, everybody who's reading this and have had this kind of experience with him,let us all know by posting it in here.

The only way we can get rid of this kind of people is by letting everybody know who they are so none will deal with them.

Also, I really think when someone is a proven scammer it should be banned from everywhere.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
My next option ...

The way I understand it , since my transaction did involve Postal Money Order that was sent through the mail ( and crossed state lines ) that would constitute a felony offense . But only if the intent to commit fraud can be proven . I have to try and set up a time to meet with a postal inspector , so I'll see how that goes . Since my situation involves a fairly small amount of money they might not be able to do anything . I don't know if all that running around is gonna be worth it . I'm still willing to give the guy a few more days to get his act together before going any further , but my patience has more then run out .

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Fyi

Hey All,

Just letting you all know that I have banned Frankie from posting in the FS/trade and invertsonal sections until he makes good with each and every one of you. We have notified Frankie of this as well.

The reason I did not just ban his account in full outright, is that if I did then he would not be able to reply to any of you on here; and we want to give him that chance to try and make good.

Debby

Selket

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I also dealt with frankie dank, I did not give up a bunch of money, but am still upset. I was going to get my first Ts and it wasn't a good experience. I would still like to get some avic avics and avic versis. I am just bummed. But I do understand that life happens, but some communication would be nice.

Hope all goes well with everyone.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, today Frankie_Dank was supposed to send me the $150 money Order that he OWES me.

His last pm when He contacted me after reading this Warning thread was:

"I get paid every two weeks... So not tomorrow, but next wednesday.

I just read your thread about my actions... And as I understand you probably do not beleive what I am telling you right now, so please. I encourage you to stay in regular contact with me over the next week and we will get this all squared away."

How do you "encourage" me to be in contact with you when you dont even show up on the boards and have your inbox FULL?????

I did not receive any money,any pm or any kind of information from him yet