Sorry. . .i need some clarification.

Hilikus311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:? okay so a singapore blue and a Malaysian Blue's scientific name is. . .Cyriopagopus Sp. blue-Singapore Blue or Lampropelma violaceopes:confused: I have run into some confusion as to what exactly the name is. If i go to some sites they have this common name listed as both or one of these scientific names? was there a name change that they just didn't catch up on like G. pulchripes/auerostriata because i've also seen a pretty large difference in the price range of the names aswell.:?

Are they all one and the same? and which is correct? Sorry, but i searched and i only became more confused! lol (i searched just to make xhex happy{D )

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you want to site me in your posts, you could at least spell it correctly. ;)

What creep said. Lampropelma violaceopes is correct for Singapore Blue.

That doesn't mean it will be listed correctly by everyone, of course. You know how that goes.

--Joe

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Really? Where did you find the information to confirm? I have been wondering the same thing. I do a lot of reading on different sites and they are always different. I've seen it both. I posted a pic of one of mine once and called it Lampropelma violaceopes and someone told me that the species didn't exist. That it was called Cyriopagopus Sp. How do we know which is correct?

If you want to site me in your posts, you could at least spell it correctly. ;)

What creep said. Lampropelma violaceopes is correct for Singapore Blue.

That doesn't mean it will be listed correctly by everyone, of course. You know how that goes.

--Joe

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I also agree with creep and joe there are name changes that come through the boards do a search and your questions will be answered. ;-) Awesome T I have three now and had a 7" F at one point she was very docile and never gave me any threat poses.

lithiumflower9

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is very confusing. There are two diffrent spiders out there using the same name. The best thing to do, I've found, is e-mail the dealer and ask if they are sure this is a Singapore blue or if it could be a Singapore Violet. You would be amazed how many dealers I e-mailed that weren't quite sure or they knew their blues were violets. Either way great T's ;)

ReMoVeR

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
:? i go to some sites they have this common name listed as both or one of these scientific names? was there a name change that they just didn't catch up on like G. pulchripes/auerostriata because i've also seen a pretty large difference in the price range of the names aswell.:?

Sorry, but i searched and i only became more confused! lol (i searched just to make xhex happy{D )

I dont get why u keep saying " search search" if the guy says he already searched omg... sometimes the "search" thingy just gets more annoying than the "help mi rosi no eatz" ... Cmon...

//Tiago

Hilikus311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very interesting replies, and i thank all of you for them. . .from what i've read i have come to this conclusion.

The current scientific name is Lampropelma violaceopes and the general thinking is that the spider has characteristics of the Cyriopagopus sp. and should :? be in that Genus. Am i about right w/ this?

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LMAO! Anyone know how to get chocolate milk out of a keyboard? {D {D

I dont get why u keep saying " search search" if the guy says he already searched omg... sometimes the "search" thingy just gets more annoying than the "help mi rosi no eatz" ... Cmon...

//Tiago

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just searching doesn't help. You need to search for the correct terms or narrow your search appropriately.

If you don't do either (or both) of those you'll either come up with too many results and/or irrelevant threads.

Kind of like if I'm looking for a goldfish but decide to go to a mattress store to find one.

Miz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Kind of like if I'm looking for a goldfish but decide to go to a mattress store to find one.
"Well...we do have this mattress that is designed by a man that once owned a goldfish."

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If the abbreviation "sp." is used in the name, IMO it means that no definitive identification/classification has been done.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If the abbreviation "sp." is used in the name, IMO it means that no definitive identification/classification has been done.
that's what i always took it to mean, too. or i use it for things that i think are ID'ed wrong to show their could be doubt

of course, sometimes you need to break out the Theraphosidae G. sp. =P

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's what i always took it to mean, too. or i use it for things that i think are ID'ed wrong to show their could be doubt

of course, sometimes you need to break out the Theraphosidae G. sp. =P
Our hobby waits for no science. :)

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our hobby waits for no science. :)
Have to say that is awesome! I often feel like scientists end up playing a lot of catch up when the general public gets excited about different species out there.