keeping Poecilotheria in groups?

txncowboy

Arachnopeon
So I tried keeping a P. ornata and feel in love with the poci genus, (that one died when I went to Colorado for a while an me an my brother had a miscomunication about him caring for it :'( ) and Im thinking about getting more. Ive seen people keeping them in groups online, and pairs at conventions, but I was wondering what advice people who are doing this would have for me. Im assuming they all need to be roughly the same size and well fed, but any advice at all would be apreciated. Thanks.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So I tried keeping a P. ornata and feel in love with the poci genus, (that one died when I went to Colorado for a while an me an my brother had a miscomunication about him caring for it :'( ) and Im thinking about getting more. Ive seen people keeping them in groups online, and pairs at conventions, but I was wondering what advice people who are doing this would have for me. Im assuming they all need to be roughly the same size and well fed, but any advice at all would be apreciated. Thanks.
Always best to only keep spiders from the same sac together.
Don't give them too much room or they will set up their own territories.
Make sure they are well fed,even over feed them.....don't want these going hungry.
If you start seeing one getting larger or a lot smaller than the rest....remove it.Also do the same if you see bullying by one.
There are only a few species of pokie that are recommended to be kept together...P. Regalis, P. Fasciata, P. Rufilata, and P. Subfusca are examples
Don't think ornata are recommended for communal keeping.
Paul

Last edited: