My texas brown killed

Godzirra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my singapore blue.
My setup is a tank with fish divider, and i can't even begin to tell you how we tried everything to make a secure lidding.
Unfortunately my texas brown was very eager to get on the other side.
They are both juveniles.
He just wanted to be on the other side, with this plant.

Well keeping it short, there was the texas brown, ontop of the Singapore Blues hole, with his abdomen huge, no remains except for a leg.
My husband and I sifted through every inch of the bedding in there, but it was as if the SB never existed.

It also baffles me how a sweet Texas Brown the size of my thumb, can do so much damage.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This may sound stupid but why not have them in their OWN containers:?:rolleyes:
Gee :rolleyes: :D
Some people dont want 250 tanks in their house, or dont have the space for it...I understand, It just happened because accidents just happen.

Sorry for your lost, im sure your Hentzi is darn happy :p

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thats why scientific names are better, people in the hobby worldwide will know exactly witch sp. it is:)

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thats why scientific names are better, people in the hobby worldwide will know exactly witch sp. it is:)
lol well they were Texas Tans before they were Aphonopelma anax , so with all the name changes guess which one has not changed lol
same with Chaco Golden Knee lol
but I do agree scientific names would be better if we knew what we were doing in identifying even what makes a species lol
let alone identifying what species this is

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i figured locality would be more significant than color;P

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is the main reason why I dont use seperators to save room. They never work (90% of the time). Kind of a contradicting statement I just made, lol.

But you get my point.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
lol well they were Texas Tans before they were Aphonopelma anax , so with all the name changes guess which one has not changed lol
same with Chaco Golden Knee lol
but I do agree scientific names would be better if we knew what we were doing in identifying even what makes a species lol
let alone identifying what species this is

So you mean that Aphonopelma anax and Grammostola pulchripes for an ex. had common names before they got a scientific name???
Dont think so.
I know that the scientifical changes sometimes thou.

Last edited:

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gee :rolleyes: :D
Some people dont want 250 tanks in their house, or dont have the space for it...I understand, It just happened because accidents just happen.

Sorry for your lost, im sure your Hentzi is darn happy :p
We have a one-bedroom apartment and we have a pretty decent-sized collection without any issues in regards to space. I get what you are saying Fran... but really, I mean really a pickle jar would work right???? there is no reason to house these to species together in one tank with different environmental requirements. Come on guys:? :?

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
We have a one-bedroom apartment and we have a pretty decent-sized collection without any issues in regards to space. I get what you are saying Fran... but really, I mean really a pickle jar would work right???? there is no reason to house these to species together in one tank with different environmental requirements. Come on guys:? :?
I tend to agree.
Not to pick on the OP or Fran, but things like this happen when there's an oversight on our part...a mistake that most often could have easily been avoided.

Live and learn I guess.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well you know...
No matter what it happens, what happened its probably the best opinion we can give about housing spiders in the same tank :eek: .

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well you know...
No matter what it happens, what happened its probably the best opinion we can give about housing spiders in the same tank :eek: .
With a properly constructed and thought out divider there's no reason why it can't work, but IMHO it's a lot more hassle than simply using 2 different containers.