a few new A.bicolor pics

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

one of my fave scorps by far,gonna introduce the male to a couple of females this weekend,see what happens?lol
andy

Last edited:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Absolutely awesome! :clap: I've been wanting one of these for awhile now! Wish you the best of luck with the breeding and you can put me at the top of the list if you get a brood of little ones.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sure will i have four females that i am gonna rotate him with.sure hope one takes..
andy

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i own bicolor,crassicauda and mauretanicus.i got them from a very reliable source.and are very different from both of the other black andros i have.
i have no reason to question them.
what makes you think otherwise?
andy

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i noticed it too, but didn't want to say anything. but i would say crassicauda too from the carinal ridge on metasomal segments 2 and 3. on crassicauda the the ridge that runs between the two main ridges on these segments stops short as it does in the photos, only extending about a 1/4 of the way across the segment. on bicolors the ridge is much longer usually being at least double the length of that on crassicauda, extending almost the entire length of the segments.

John

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i have several black andros(ten or more)i should probably key them out before i attempt to breed.both of these came from completely different sources(even have collection data on one-i will have to find)if they turn out to be crassicauda,i will definitely not complain,because as far as what i have i only have the one crassicauda.
i need to photograoh them all and get them id'ed first.
any link to a good key.
i have quite a few good scorp books(two polis and several others)
any link to a good id key?
andy

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have several black andros(ten or more)i should probably key them out before i attempt to breed.both of these came from completely different sources(even have collection data on one-i will have to find)if they turn out to be crassicauda,i will definitely not complain,because as far as what i have i only have the one crassicauda.
i need to photograoh them all and get them id'ed first.
any link to a good key.
i have quite a few good scorp books(two polis and several others)
any link to a good id key?
andy
VACHON M. Description des scorpions du Nord-Ouest de L'Afrique (Maroc,
Algerie, Tunisie, Fezzan, Sahara et Sahel). A. Familie des Buthidae E. Simon,
1879. [Part II: Genus Androctonus]. In: VACHON M. Etudes Sur Les
Scorpions. Inst. Pasteur D’ Algerie, 1952: 116-78.

MEINE SKORPIONE. Androctonus sp (Ehrenberg, 1828); 2004. Available from:
http://bultel.p.free.fr/Deutsch/Androctonus_sp.htm.

John