Question for you guys with the huge collections

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just curious how much money do you think you have put into your collections if you add everything up?? Im talking the actual T's, cages, substrate, hides, and food for the T's. Im just curious i wanna hear estimates i have probably put a few hundred$ into my collection and i dont exactly have a big collection i have 13 T's and 3 scorps. Im sure some of you have spent a thousands.

Anansi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Over the years with buying and selling probably over like $2000...

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THANKS, Don't you know that is something that we just don't want to think about :mad:

JK ;P It is kind of scarry to think about though, I am at 54 Ts and know I am easily over $1000

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
With 54 T's youhave to be WAY over a grand... How many are adults/slings etc....

I mean... figure an avg sling cost at 15 bucks and your at just over 800 bucks right there.

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'll just say it has probably gone to five figures recently.

Andrew vV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, Im not sure if I want to think about that one.....a good estimate would be $8, 000 for over ten years of hobby.

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A rough estimate for me would be $4200.00 since the fall of 2000. Most of that has come out of income tax returns and other things like that, so it hasn't been the drain on monthly finances that it could have been. That is going with an avg. price of $7.50 per Pet Pal and $40.00 per spider, which is a little conservative.

Adrian

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
wow....good question...I"m not at all sure I want to even start adding this up, but somewhere in the $3-5000 range would probably be somewhat accurate.
If you include shipping costs, then it's probably alot more than that.

MrBaronIsBack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In a rough estimate for the collection that my fiancee and I have, I'd probably have to say a grand to a grand and a half, including aquariums, pet pals, and spiders; the majority of which are slings.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL, people tell me i spend to much money on spiders and im a lightweight compared to all you guys.

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, never really added it up but I'm at 120 T's alone right now and I can imagine that I am at least in four digits and don't want to think it could be 5 digits. But I love them all. Worse things to be addicted to:)

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never really added it all up till this year but it's a lot. :)

And when you add the snakes into the picture it jumps up a whole lot more.

Phil

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With close to 50 Ts I'm sure I've spent over $1000.

Later,

Jake

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
I hate to even think about how much:eek: but probably
at least a $1000. Thats not including tanks, substrate or food either:eek: I've been into T's less than a year and only have 18
right now:D

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I figure I spend on average about $100/month counting feeding containers and spiders. Some months is pretty low (around $40.00) and some are off the scale (~$400)
I used to laugh when I just had one that I could feed her for $1.00/month and what a cheap pet she was. Now with 273 (last count) I buy my crickets in bulk and can easily drop $50 just on feeders for a single order.

noboyscout

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm at 50 t's now, and to tell you the truth I don't care how much I have spent. My wife on the other hand keeps score, all that means is she'll spend as much if not more on scrapbooking. I'm into the hobby as a joint venture with my 10 year old son. I know guys who spend twice as much at the bar. At least my son and I enjoy this together and I don't spend as much in the hobbie as my buddies at the bar.