Food Poll....

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What does your T like the most? Crickets, Meal Worms, Super Worms, Pinkies...etc???? What other types of critters do they like besides the "norm", but then again what is the "norm"???

Renee

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Mostly crickets and mice:D
I have a bunch of meal worms and some superworms to try on them.(The worms are mostly for my lizards)

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool...lizards, I like lizards. I dont have one as of yet, but who knows maybe in the future! :)

What about chicken livers??? Anyone tried that on their T's?
That is pretty inexpensive

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
90% of what I feed are lobster roaches. I've yet to see a T that won't eat one.
However, my Emperor scorp doesn't seem impressed by them, and she won't eat them at all.
I don't use crickets except in my communal P regalis tank. I have a superworm colony going also, and so I do feed them occasionally. I also buy waxworms as treats, since my Ts act like I'm giving them candy when I feed them those!
On VERY rare occasions, when my rosy boa refuses his thawed jumbo mouse, it goes to a T, and then I regret it, since they can't finish something that size, and it smells really really bad!

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Where do you get lobster roaches? My pet store doenst carry them.

noboyscout

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I give my T's mostly crickets. Some I actually feed super worms using tongs. I notice they like to stalk their prey.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Spydra
Where do you get lobster roaches? My pet store doenst carry them.
I got a starter colony off the internet, and they breed so well, that it's self sustaining. Let me know if you need the guy's email, he was great.

Garrick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Depends on the spider for me. Almost all of them eat crickets pretty regularly. Some of the larger ones prefer pinkies and fuzzy mice; I also get a few things out of my yard (I don't use pesticides) like frogs and lizards, palmetto bugs (those are big flying roaches), etc.
None of mine eat the ground dwelling wingless roaches that emit a horrible smell, though. They hate 'em, so I suppose the defensive scent really works. Also, those superworms really burrow quickly and some of my spiders are lazy and won't dig for them. My G. rosea will dig 'em out, though, and so will my A. geniculata.

-Garrick

eight

Walter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Crickets, fuzzy mouse (occasionally), super worms, silkworms .... they all love the silkworms!

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Anything they will eat? lol Mine have a very diverse menu and seem to luv it

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Spydra,
All my t's like superworms and crickets. My blondi LOVES pinkies.
Peace, light & eternal love..
Gillian
)0(

ArachnoPapa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed them gut loaded crickets mostly but some of them seem to really dig those superworms.
Papa.

Spydra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoPapa
I feed them gut loaded crickets mostly but some of them seem to really dig those superworms.
Papa.
I lost a meal worm in my G. rosea tank, its in there somewhere, do you think she will dig it out or should I go looking for it?

Renee

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
she may dig it out, and she may not. If she's nearing a molt, maybe you should try to find it, but if not, I wouldn't worry about it.
You'll end up with a beetle in there at some point, which your T may or may not eat!

ArachnoPapa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really doubt your Rosea will dig it out unless it is close to the top of the surface. But dont worry about it, your T will be fine. I would moisten under the water bowl and make sure the rest of the substrate dries out well. You will find it under the moist water bowl eventualy. I pinch or cut off a piece of the head so it wont burrow but still moves.
Papa.

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i heard its bad to feed mice to T's, i feed mine crickets