The Container Thread

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd like to make this a thread for containers you come across while shopping. Cups from the deli, tubes from light fixtures, bottles, candy tubs, shoe boxes...Anything and everything you come across while shopping for other, mundane stuff.

We can use this thread to share different household products that come in handy containers which we can reuse and recycle (Yay going green!) for our wonderful hobby.

I will start off by sharing a few containers: Water balloon tube, deli cup, and cricket tub, with a tub of pretzels thrown in.

This is a tube of 500 water balloons, for $10 at my local drugstore. Before and after pics. No inhabitant as yet.

This is something i've shown off before, I turned my cricket supply into homes:

And here is a pretzel tub I've adapted to rehome my LP; he made a burrow in the tube, and molted. Still waiting for him/her to come out:

So, Now you have an idea of what to post; I want to see what products we can all use! This is also a good chance to show off your ingenuity and creativity when it comes to housing your critters :)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What did you need 500 water balloons for? haha

I don't have pictures, but when we first got our C. darlingi and G. pulchra as slings we used those containers that the paper cups for muffins come in.

Cass

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lol, I do this all the time. I dont have any pictures but I have a few big plastic containers that use to hold candy, that now hold an LP juvie. The other is waiting on a T.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What did you need 500 water balloons for? haha

Cass
I just wanted the tube.
Although, what comes to mind right now: my backyard is RIGHT NEXT to my old highschool's athletic field. I may build me a trebuchet, or a catapult, and bombard the students as they run around. Or, since my bedroom window overlooks the backyard, bombard my little brother all summer.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Forgot the deli cup, currently untenanted:

Also, at SEARS, I found some zipties that will make some nice arboreal homes:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You've got the right idea:clap:.. eco-friendly enclosure's.. hey i say we still gotta play our part in saving our planet.... not just the species that live in it;)...

i have a few enclosure's i would like to share as well... gotta take some pics though... i got a Huge pretzel tub as well.. some asian jello container's, also some mayo platic jars....... i will post pic's shortly...

Peace
Armando

mikem

Arachnopeon
this is an excellent thread! i've been using the 32oz deli cups with insect lids and rubbermaid take alongs for some small Ts. maybe i can borrow some ideas from others :clap:

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a few clamshells from the store (bought myself some cherry tomatoes), and thought I could use them as an enclosure...but the large holes in the plastic make me think this will be better suited to a shipping container.

SO, nobody else posting pics yet? Such a shame :(

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Give me a little bit.. I will have you some pictures of some containers that I have "recycled".. Oh.. I got one that everyone is going to love... Its the gamer in me that had to have this enclosure.. :D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright... I got the pictures uploaded.. Here they are..

This one is.. Well banana chips.. They are soo good! :D

Here is an empty one.. Nothing to go in it yet.. I had my G. rosea in it when I was cleaning her enclosure.. Thought I might as well keep it.. Never know when it might come in handy..

Ok.. This one is a Mircle Whip container.. It is houseing my almost 3" P. regalis..

This is a Parmasian Cheese container.. I have several of these.. They were bought.. Never ate the cheese.. So I thought.. Hey this would go nice for my S. calceatum slings... :D

And of course I got one of them little boxxes that contained live crickets..
It is housing my E. murinus sling...

Now... My favorite enclosure.. This is housing my 2.5" - 2.75" A. versicolor..
I wont say what it is.. I want to see if anyone can guess it.. :D

Soo.. There are my recycled enclosures.. :D {D I have go some idea from others.. Thanks for making this thread..

Now.. Lets see some more!! Armando... Where are your pictures that you promised?!?

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tommy,

That last one, I can't be sure, but it looks like those snapon lids that you use to put pasta noodles or breakfast cereal in to save shelf space.

Very nice pics :)

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Now.. Lets see some more!! Armando... Where are your pictures that you promised?!?
Hehe lol... Tommy you little bugger you..... well here they are since your too impatient;P....:D P.s. Dont Mind The Wine Bottle.... it is only a gauge to compare the size of these enclosure's....

First is my P miranda Pretzel Tub encloure bought this at costco for 10 bucks and it was filled with some tasty pretzels..... but not has been converted to hold some tasty T:D....

now here are my A versi enclosure's.. these one's are mixed nut jar's also from costco as well...

and one A avic enclosure made out from an Asain Jello container... you can pick em up at any asain supermarket.....

And for my P murinus... a big Mayo Jar did the job.... also my bad on this pic.... i forgot to put the lid back when i took this pic...:?

and this last pic are the new one's i have recently collected, waiting to be turned into a new enclosure's.....

well ther they are!!! i hope this would help to inspire other's....

Tommy now i know where my Banana chips went....

Last edited:

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hehe lol... Tommy you little bugger you..... well here they are since your too impatient;P....:D P.s. Dont Mind The Wine Bottle.... it is only a gauge to compare the size of these enclosure's....
now here are my A versi enclosure's.. these one's are mixed nut jar's also from costco as well...
Hey Armando, what if they are allergic to nuts, everyone is nowadays...lol

sjn01

Arachnopeon
Venari, what was that substrate you put in your cricket tub? I got that stuff in a tub that i got my spider in when i bought it from the pet shop, but never got to ask

thanks

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I use tons of these from the container store!

There a little expensive for the larger sizes but work excellent for most burrowing species of tarantulas.They also can work very well for arboreal spiders to!
-Chris

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy,

That last one, I can't be sure, but it looks like those snapon lids that you use to put pasta noodles or breakfast cereal in to save shelf space.

Very nice pics :)
Ok.. Ok... The container in the last picture... Is... The container that my sisters Wii controller came in.. :D

Hehe lol... Tommy you little bugger you..... well here they are since your too impatient;P....:D
Me? Impatient? Nooooooo!!! :D ;P
Dude.. I cant help it.. Banana chips are awesome!! :D You want them back now?

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Poke a bunch of holes up top and on the side and you're good.

From Chinese takeout.