Ephebopus murinus "dark form"

italian1x

Arachnopeon
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/the.tarantula.store/E.murinus.htm

Scroll down on that link. Ive been trying to find any information on said specimen for quite some time but seem to find nothing online. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it certain individuals that get the dark forms or is it possibly a different species all together? Id love to find one. Ive never seen any of these accept for this and one other site.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They are just the same, but they are more dark. They are more rare too, so I wouldn't get my hopes up to much! But like I said, I like the NCF more!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
They are just the same, but they are more dark. They are more rare too, so I wouldn't get my hopes up to much! But like I said, I like the NCF more!
Just wondering how you know the are the same? Do you know where the dark forms are collected? Are normal forms collected in the same area? Can both (or all 3) color forms hatch from the same sac? Have you examined both forms so you know that they are they same?

later, Tom

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A stripe-less variant of an E murinus?! The stripes were the selling point! :D bah!

Nice for the collectors out there though :)

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wondering how you know the are the same? Do you know where the dark forms are collected? Are normal forms collected in the same area? Can both (or all 3) color forms hatch from the same sac? Have you examined both forms so you know that they are they same?

later, Tom
1.) Because they are the same species, only different colors

2.) Same size, and temperament.

3.) they both are aggressive, and fast, and web alot!

So, may I ask, are you saying i'm wrong? If I am wrong about anything, please tell me :)

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL this reminds me of the P subfusca highland lowand debate!

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL this reminds me of the P subfusca highland lowand debate!
LOL! It is though! They are the same species, but one is more dark right?? And yes, same with the subfusca... Ones darker, and more pretty, but still same species!

italian1x

Arachnopeon
Thats pretty hard to say without extensive examinations of both forms. Its likely they are the same in my opinion, but then again...its sorta why I posted this thread. I havent heard much about them and was curious if anyone knew the facts rather than speculating. Cause id love to know, and i sure as hell would love to own one!

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
you will have diffrent color varriants in all T's even P. metalicas enjoy them. i have never breend any T's my self but from lurking some sware that P subfusca highland and lowland are diffrent and come from diffrent egg sacs and then i herd people sware that they have had both come from the same egg sac. i honestly dont know but with all things there are virrations XD

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

So, may I ask, are you saying i'm wrong? If I am wrong about anything, please tell me :)

Well, let's see here:

P. ornata vs P. striata

Both are apparently "the same species, just different color".

Both are fast and aggressive.

They're both similar in size.

Does having similar size and traits make them the same species? No, no it does not.

Anyway, I was never aware of any color forms of E. murinus. Very interesting! I wonder if anyone in the US has any of these in captivity?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I don't know, I was asking you because your said....

They are just the same, but they are more dark.
so I ask again...

1.) How do you know they are the same?

2.) Do you know where the dark forms are collected?

3.) Can both (or all 3) color forms hatch from the same sac?

4.) Have you examined both forms so you know that they are they same?

Im not trying to be argumentative about this just wanted to learn more . Dont get me wrong, I assume they are probably all the same sp. too, just wanted to know how you learned the following...

later, Tom

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It sounds like smallara has kept and cared for the dark from before since they are so knowledgeable about it. :rolleyes:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know, I was asking you because your said....

so I ask again...

1.) How do you know they are the same?

2.) Do you know where the dark forms are collected?

3.) Can both (or all 3) color forms hatch from the same sac?

4.) Have you examined both forms so you know that they are they same?

Im not trying to be argumentative about this just wanted to learn more . Dont get me wrong, I assume they are probably all the same sp. too, just wanted to know how you learned the following...

later, Tom
guys, think about it. They are the same species, just different color. Thats why people refer to Black Color Form, and Normal Color Form. Its common sense. And, they both have very striking stripes, and both flick hairs from the pedipapls. You are right guys, its like the debate for the subfusca lol

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It sounds like smallara has kept and cared for the dark from before since they are so knowledgeable about it. :rolleyes:
I have actually. I had to sell it of sadly, and the day before I was gonna get her back, my dopey cousin killed her! I am never gonna accept his apologies with that one.

italian1x

Arachnopeon
Where did you get a dark color form like that? I cant imagine anyone has bred those but obviously I could be wrong. Unless of course like stated previously, they can sometimes hatch from the same sacks as different color forms over time.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
guys, think about it. They are the same species, just different color. Thats why people refer to Black Color Form, and Normal Color Form. Its common sense. And, they both have very striking stripes, and both flick hairs from the pedipapls. You are right guys, its like the debate for the subfusca lol

Thanks for the info....;)

Well, let's see here:

P. ornata vs P. striata

Both are apparently "the same species, just different color".
Hi Warren, I understand your point but its a poor example. Were did you hear that P. ornata and P. striata are the same?:? P. ornata are found on Sri Lanka and P. striata are found in India. As well Poecilotheria are generally identified buy there ventral leg markings. These markings are very different in these 2 sp.

Later, Tom