MM post ultimate pics?

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Hi, I was wondering if anyone ever video recorded or took a pic of MM's doing a very risky post-ultimate molt.

Also, did anyone's MM ever molt out successfully without losing their palps?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I remember some posts years back (yes, you might try the search function :D) that stated that the palps were lost during PUM on the specimen observed.. I can't say for sure if there were pictures but...

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This is a MM A metallica post molt, he lost one pedipalp, a portion of the second and one leg. He lived a few weeks past the molt.

He was the second avi I had molt past maturing.

PIG-

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a P. striata MM who is getting pretty long in the fang. He molted about a year ago now but is still very active. I'm wondering if he'll attempt a post-ultimate molt. If he does I'll document it here, of course.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Oh thank you all for the replies
for the avic, is that guy still retaining one of his palp fully, like even the gloves?
wow interesting

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh thank you all for the replies
for the avic, is that guy still retaining one of his palp fully, like even the gloves?
wow interesting
He had 3/4 of the palp, but the bulb was gone.

PIG-

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanx 4 sharing Pic Piggy

:eek: So Cool!

AB member "Code Wilster" had a G.Rosea Post-Ultimate, and posted pic on this forum. "Crows Arachnids" had a PU tarantula too, that kept Bulbs.
{Was relayed to me that an accomplished breeder had Versi in a collection, that perfomed it successfully}

It has happened more then Hobbyists think, but is considered, Very RARE.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so my question would be...IF...you were to get a T out of its molt successfully...would it have a new fresh start? could it start spinning sperm webs again or is it at that point completely useless for breeding?

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
I'm curious if they can extend their lifespan by doing this, personally. Might be a good way to increase male longevity over time through breeding, if it's genetic.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
just out of curiosity, if one was to amputate an old MM's bulb or the whole palp, and it survived and did an PU molt, would it regenerate its palps, fully to the extent where it could mate again, but with a smaller palp?
If this is true, MM may be able to live longer, but I dont want people to take off MM's palp on purpose so unless it was already taken off, please dont hurt the innocent males. ;)

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here are some old pic's of my ultimate male's.......
A Phormictopus cancerides, Psalmopoeus cambridgei...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

There you go hope you enjoyed...:D

Peace,
Armando
tho we do enjoy seeing them, that isnt the topic of this thread. we are looking for pics of tarantulas that have molted PAST Their Ultimate stage. the sexually mature...and then molt again.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
tho we do enjoy seeing them, that isnt the topic of this thread. we are looking for pics of tarantulas that have molted PAST Their Ultimate stage. the sexually mature...and then molt again.
Opps my bad...:? well cool i guess... i will wait and see it they will go thru with a post ultimate... thanks for pointing that out.... cheers

Peace,
Armando

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Historic Boxer

Best looking reach for a Trinidad, W/ Boxing Gloves....

Since.... Felix Trinidad :D Hope he is as Successful Armando ;)