Pelinobius muticus - King Baboons Have a New Name

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It'll be simpler to pronounce at least. Sort of an ugly name compared to the long-standing one but taxonomy is taxonomy.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ugh, I hate name changes. Citharischius crawshayi sounds so much better.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definitely easier to pronounce but I'm not a fan. Pelinobius? Thats just terrible ;P

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Excellent work from Mr.Gallon!!
Nice to have actual working names for some of these other spiders in the hobby to!Cant wait to give the paper a read!
-Chris

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just labeled my King Baboon's cage last night too. :wall:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet, my Auggie has a proper name: Augacephalus ezendami

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. crawshayi still sounds better, and I don't see it as hard to pronounce. Pelinobius muticus has to be the dumbest name ever.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
C. crawshayi still sounds better, and I don't see it as hard to pronounce. Pelinobius muticus has to be the dumbest name ever.
I agree Citharischius crawshayi is my all time favorite scientific name, and my all time favorite T.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Latin names aren't there to be pretty usually. I can pronounce Citharsichius crawshayi, but I remember not being able to figure out how to say it when I was newer to the hobby. That's part of the fun though. Pelinobius muticus doesn't leave enough room for error so that I can embarrass myself when talking to someone who knows how to properly pronounce a latin name.

At least Pelinobius muticus is better than Eremobates inyoanus.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think the new name is dumb . Out of all ts , did it really have to be one of our favorites ? When people say that species name , im gonna be wondering what species it is ?

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think the new name is dumb . Out of all ts , did it really have to be one of our favorites ? When people say that species name , im gonna be wondering what species it is ?
Everyone will get used to it. They got over G. aureostriata to G. pulchripes. Cyriopagopus sp. "Singapore blue" to L. violaceopes. Sounds like A. diversipes may get moved to Iridopelma. T's getting renamed is just part of the hobby :D

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Everyone will get used to it. They got over G. aureostriata to G. pulchripes. Cyriopagopus sp. "Singapore blue" to L. violaceopes. Sounds like A. diversipes may get moved to Iridopelma. T's getting renamed is just part of the hobby :D
True . . . I think Iridopelma needs to be in the Avic genus haha . They look so similar ! Soon they are gonna change the roseas name - Wait they already did :wall:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
True . . . I think Iridopelma needs to be in the Avic genus haha . They look so similar ! Soon they are gonna change the roseas name - Wait they already did :wall:
The rosea has not been changed..... :wall:

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
True, and its never going to change, so for all of you that have engraved your gold plated King baboon cage name plaques with Citharischius crawshayi.....

Unlucky!!! {D