E campestratus or A seemani?

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, they're very different they don't even look very simular to each other. I think they got their common names confused or something.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
E.campestreatus and A.seemanni are totally different tarantulas, but do get mistaken for each other. Stupid common names don't help matters at all. :mad:
I believe one way of picking out A.seemanni is the pale tan underside.

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They are showing a very expensive A. seemani. An easy way to tell these specicies apart is to look at the size of the tibial segment of the rear legs in comparison to the same segment on the front legs. E. campestratus has enlarged rear tibias.

E. campestratus...

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whoa! Very different appearance! I can see how common names can be misused but they have the common name of both on the page. They have bold name as PZB and then at the beginning of the description, they have Costa Rican Zebra.
I won't be buying from them, who knows what they will really send out! And PLEASE! Look at that price for a A. seemani! :eek:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I always say, the easiest way to recognize the a. seemani is by the light salmon-colored angora tummy!=D

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bearskin10
They don't? OK
Once again....I fail to make sure I am not the only one who understands what I'm thinking....:D The T in the pic on that site didn't look a whole heck of a lot like PZB...at least not all of them I've seen, that's what I meant. My bad:8o

eleven_68

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is a Costa Rican not a PZB. The Costa Rican has a harder look and the PZB has a furry look. That picture, unless I'm mistaken, is a Costa Rican. It's too "boney" to be a PZB. Here's a picture of my PZB:

Attachments

Last edited:

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:rolleyes: *Sigh*
I can't wait till my little PZB gets some color and fuzz on it. All those pictures are purrrdy!

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
...points out the drool on Diane's chin, then quickly wipes her own away;P

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by metzgerzoo
...points out the drool on Diane's chin, then quickly wipes her own away;P
LOL....Hey wait I am drooling too....Wipe :D Greg