Handling Miz Lividium!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
But, once on your hand, doesn't want to back into hre enclosure! She's a little cuddler! Awwww!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
She has the STRANGEST owie on her back leg... last molt, a year ago, it was pink and shiny. It kinda looked like the INSIDE of the leg. It took months to harden up, and now looks like dried muscle tissue. She's due for a molt soon, I sure hope it molts off!

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome pics MizM! :D You're getting braver! What "evil" sp. is next?

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Another shot... very close and very blurry...

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm, that is a weird injury. Hopefully it gets fixed in her next molt.

Kristen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MizM, our cobalt had a similar spot on one leg. I always described it as looking like that part was inside out. We never figured out what it was, and poor psycho passed away. We still have the specimen preserved, so I bet theDon (hint hint Mark) could post a pic of it to compare to the booboo on yours. Awesome pics btw,

Kristen

Jeff_C

ArachnoAddicted
Old Timer
Nice looking Cobalt (and very brave handler).

I would handle mine (yeah right) except it can range in attitude between pet rock and bitey in seconds.

Jeff

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
*giggles* see terri I knew you could do it. All it took was me showing you it coudl be done :p what no picks petting her fangs? the feel so soft and smooth..oh What species will you do next.. gigas.. gigas.. gigas.. or obt? lol

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh whens the sex change cuss everyone around here thinks ya got some big oh balls... lol

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
#1 .. do you just dig these gals up and say " wanna take a ride?' I dont get it .. mines an underground demon. #2 After you get her out .. and she has YOU where she wants YOU .. how do you get her back in her home ? No offense MiZM .. but you have Malhavoc Madness !

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Immortal... Ghost has a NICE butt!!

My Miz Lividium is definitely NOT a cuddly-wuddly little individual! But, as I have learned from "The Mad Malhavoc's", once they are out of the burrow, their attitude changes dramatically! They don't bite the carpet when they walk on it, they don't bite the sofa when they walk on it, and they don't bite ME when they walk on me. (Walk all OVER me is more like it!!) The only exception are my p. murinus RCF, who just likes to run... and run... and run! Weird, my regular phase p. murinus are MUCH easier to manage!

Hmmm, getting her out of her deep, deep burrow... I have my burrowers in tall containers with holes both at top and bottom. When they get dry, I set them in a bowl of water, which is then sucked up through the bottom holes. These holes are also convenient when trying to tease the little demons out! I use a b.b.q. skewer, and EVER-SO-GENTLY tickle her until she rockets to the top. With my hand on the side of the container, she's more than happy to crawl up on it to escape my version of BigSam's "Tarantula Beater!"

As far as getting her back IN... now there's a problem that I haven't figured an easy answer to!! She acts as though she ENJOYS being on my hand, waving her front legs in the air like an avic, letting me pet her butt, carapace, and even her chelicerae! My h. gigas is all to happy to hop back into her enclosure after handling.

More experimentation is in the process, but this is something I take very seriously, and I'm not diving in each enclosure and grabbing up my defensive Ts! (I let Draken do that!!) I've got to be relaxed, in a quiet room, and have to know the particular individual very well before I will attempt it!!

And Frostbye, I'm not offended, I'm aware that I'm M-A-D!!!!=D :D =D

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by MizM
and I'm not diving in each enclosure and grabbing up my defensive Ts! (I let Draken do that!!) I've got to be relaxed, in a quiet room, and have to know the particular individual very well before I will attempt it!!

aware that I'm M-A-D!!!!=D :D =D
How can you say your mad? Mads what that malhavoc fellow is ;P

Josh

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I know, but I let him come over and stay at my house from time to time.... he's influencing me!! "I learned it from YOU!" (Remember tha commercial?):D

PapaSmurf

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
have you held your cobalt since? i think being out of his/her burrow would be stressful? anyways great pics i wanna see one of you holding your obt;P

josh

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Grabs a big ol' black top hat and Smiles ever so malicously 'How many of you can say you've got a mental illness named after you!

*wears a bagde reading "Malhavoc Madness!" and struts it with pride*

Terri I want to try your obt RCF in the near future again. I think I've worked out a new proccess to stop the 'run chromosome' as for the experimenting. on what See if I really am insane? lol. Give me a scream if you want me help I'l lbe more then happy to stick my hand down yoru Cobalts nest to pry her out lol. And I've been working on a few new theories I'd luv to discuss with ya.