Avic avic slings - communal living

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Just for fun... I put 24 A. avicularia spiderlings in a cage that measures 12"w x 12"d x 16"h [30 x 30 x 40 cm]. There are several "loners" that stay away from the pack, but the other 20 or so are typically bunched together despite 2300 cubic inches of space available. They have been living together for about one week.

Attachments

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
cool! keep us updated on their living arrangements.
I've got 8 P regalis in a 10 gallon aquarium, they are being moved today (oh joy!) into a 25 gallon. So far, no casualties, they are eating and molting like mad.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Cool, I can't wait to try a communal avic avic tank. Just need my male to mature. :D

Deliverme314

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This seems to be quite the fad these days. I really wish I had room for one of these setups:( It looks like a lot of fun.

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by SpiderShoppe
despite 2300 cubic inches of space available.
I bet they cannot use like 70% of that space :p

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
so would you guys recommend me putting two or three or maybe even four (depends how much money i have) in the same tank?? considering thier about 3 inches? or does size not matter??

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, they should be from the same eggsac. People think it has to do with them recognizing the smell of their brothers and sisters.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Great pics... wouldnt mind some even more upclose pics.

I am really hoping to do this if I end up getting some slings from Daves Eggsack.

peace

Mark

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
Re: Re: Avic avic slings - communal living

Originally posted by dennis
I bet they cannot use like 70% of that space :p
Very good point.

But they do have 672 sq. in. of surface space, plus maybe another 200+ with the plants and bark. :cool:

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Avic avic slings - communal living

Originally posted by SpiderShoppe
Very good point.

But they do have 672 sq. in. of surface space, plus maybe another 200+ with the plants and bark. :cool:
Well...if they really wanted to they could use up most of it by simply webbing everywhere...of course they wouldn't think of that;)

Later,

Jake