P. regalis pics

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Greetings all here is a pic of the P. regalis that I picked up last week...as well as a pic of her temporary tank and my set up for my little parahybana...

Regards, Mike :D

Last edited:

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Did you custom cut the plexiglass for the Hex top? I had wanted to set up a 10 gallon hex with one of my P. regalis in it, but wasn't able to locate a screen top. The plexiglass cover looks good!
If you could provide information on how it was constructed it would be appreciated.
Additionally if anyone knows where a screen top for a hex can be located, please let me know.
Thanks!
Ralph
P.S. You'll love the P. regalis. I find my ornamentals are the ones I watch the most.

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a hex tank that i believe is the same one as that. (5 gallons?). anyway, i used an old plexiglass aquarium door and cut out a fitting top with a dremmel.

i like the look even though a screen top would look better. i doubt youre gonna find a screen top that matches that kind of tanl because usually hex tanks are for fish.

if there is someone that makes screen covers it would be nice

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The top is just plexy cut out to fit, then I just drilled a bunch of holes in it...the tank is a 30 gallon and it is used...my brother in law is making me another with nice wood trim and it will be a little fancier thats all and it will have a custom made locking plexy lid...but back to the lid very easy to make...I folded over some painters tape on the edges just to make it fit nice and tight....then I took a kitchen cabinet door handle a drilled a small hole in the centre of the lid and screwed it in....all the plants in the tank are live as well...she has plenty of room to roam and seems to have settled in real well...eating alot of large crickets and took to the cork bark hide right away...as for a screen lid I like the plexy lid for this spider as it keeps the enclosure a little bit more humid as oposed to wide open screen...ventilation is still good with the plexy lid..

Regards, Mike :}

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here are the pics of the tank da_illest

talk to ya soon....

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's really nice mike! i love that kinda tank for arboreals! how much was it and where did you get it? later..

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Underside of the T. sorry for for blurry pic..

Last edited:

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got the tank from Bruce for next to nothing...it is just a temporary tank until my brother in law makes me a new one...the new one will be detailed with wood and a custom locking lid...