• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Centruroides margaritatus

obi-wan

Arachnopeon
What can I say, a stupid beginner mistake. As I was changing the enclosure for my Cents one of them made a daring dash for freedom and I tried stopping it with my hand. Which made the evil little bugger turn around and "kiss" me on the right thumb :( .
The pain set in immediatly and after a few minutes my thumb was throbbing like hell, but it turned out not to be so bad. After about 3 hours the pain started to subside and 8 hours later I felt nothing. I'm not gonna try it again though :) .

Tityus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Centruroides margaritatus "colour morph"

I was taking pictures for my new website when I stinged by a Centruroides margaritatus "colour morph" in my right index finger he has hiding behind a piece of bark. After the sting I felt a lot of pain I have check my own blood pressure this was 140/91 and in a 15 min it was 100/58 I have take direct 2 tablets of Tavegil 1 mg to stop any allergic reaction of my body. The pain was hold on for a 4 hour and now a day later I felt a light burning pain. I used Lidocaine 3% creme on my right index finger to stop the pain.

Last edited:

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C. margaritatus

It was an exciting situation. I just got them shipped in and they seemed relatively calmed at the time. So I use thumbnail as a transfering device, but unforunatley one thought my forearm would be a better sitting area so it made its way up... I used a deli cup to try and scrape it off of me, I must have startled it in some way and it immediatly jabbed me with it's telson. I didn't try to remove it right away out of fear of damaging it, but I sure as hell wanted to.

It was a quick and remotley stinging pain followed by a tingle and slight throbbing of the arm. It overall lasted for about 5 minutes... No long term effects, thankfully :)

I believe it was 2nd instar as well, not very large at all so I really didn't pay much attention to it. (The sting that is).

Pain Scale 1-10... (1)

Last edited:

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I am both incredibly lucky and incredibly dumb. I accidentally left the lid off my adult female C. margaritatus' enclosure. As I was falling asleep, I felt something tickle my leg. I didn't really think much of it but as soon as I moved my leg I felt a very sharp pain and knew immediately something had bitten/stung me. After realizing that it was probably the C. marg, I searched my bed and found her hiding in the blanket. I feel lucky because I may not have found her or even noticed she was missing for a while. I'm actually a little perplexed how she got out because the walls on her cage were fairly high, but anyway this should be a lesson to me and to everyone else to always double, triple-check your enclosures are closed and secure!!

Site of the sting is on the back of my leg halfway between my knee and ankle. For the first 20 or so minutes, the pain was very sharp and noticeable, but not anything terrible. My only other "close encounter" was with a scolopendra mutilans pedeling, and I would say the pain levels are comparable.

About 40 minutes now since the sting, I'm feeling a weird electrical tingly feeling in my lips and tongue, also my hands are feeling a bit tingly, but not as intense. Pain at the sting site is still noticeable, but not bad at all. I washed off the sting site and applied a little antibiotic cream, but aside from the pain I can barely even tell where I was stung, only a little redness in the area.

Been an hour, sting site is now feeling more tingly and pain is subsiding. I'm now feeling tired, probably because it's the middle of the night and my adrenaline rush has finally calmed down. I do not appear to be in any serious danger, so I'm going to sleep, will post final update tomorrow morning.

Update: Next morning, about 8 hours after the sting, pain at the sting site is totally gone, however I have an unsettling feeling of numbness throughout my whole body. My legs feel like rubber when I start walking, but after a minute they feel better. No doubt I received a heavy dose of venom and it's still going through me, but otherwise I feel fine.

Last edited: