Cobalt Blue Housing

Blacktongue

Arachnopeon
Just wondering if anyone has had success in tricking a cobalt into thinking its enclosure is its burrow? I bought a juv from the pet store about a week ago, they had them in 5x12x5 plasitc boxes. The guy said that he had kept them for years without deep substrate and they just substituted the enclosure for their burrow. All of the ones I saw had built webs heavily inside. Got mine home and put it in a similar housing but with deeper substrate, and it hasnt spun one web and bearly moved out of the defensive posture. I put black construction paper on the sides to give it a more enclosed feel. Am I doing somthing wrong?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. lividum love and need to dig...put around 6 to 8 inches of soil and peat mixed and start a burrow for her she will most likely take to it within a week or so...dont expect to see much of her as they spend most of there time inside there burrow...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

in this thread >>click me<< you'll find photos and infos on how I keep my Haplopelma species and other obligate burrowers and how to construct tanks for them in which you can see and observe them without digging them out.

all the best,
Martin