People, help me out.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am currently a member of insecthobbyist.com, the scorpion forums. Well, suddenly there comes a "know it all" who believes they are right, then more often than not they are wrong.

Can a few of you back me up with the information I give, because it seems that this person cannot understand that he is wrong.

http://forums.insecthobbyist.com/view.php?id=9286,9286

Thank you so much,

And Dave, If I am not allowed to post this, please delete it.

Aidan

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That guy is as wrong as wrong gets, he couldn't be further off base. You ought to invite him over here for a sound thrashing, I mean "education".

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what a <rectal opening>!
"ohh! it's skin is grey, that means it is old! Like grey hair! DERP!!!" :confused:
"I'm a lousy keeper and none of my scorps ever reach maturity, that must mean i am right!" :}
Screw him aidan, focus on better things, like... {D sherri! {D

Last edited by a moderator:

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
That guy is as wrong as wrong gets, he couldn't be further off base. You ought to invite him over here for a sound thrashing, I mean "education".
yeah, just let me get my lead pi- I mean... uhh... textbook, yeah, that's it. well show him in "print"... yeah, that's the ticket. {D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow, that guy is totally off the mark. I never heard of a scorp that gets grey when it gets older. You can't argue with someone like that. His mind is closed and everybody that uses the Arachnoboards can't change somebody like that. But yes Aiden, you are RIGHT!! ;)

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you very much Apoc, hopefully others will help me out and show this person their error. I do not do things out of vengeance, however, if they are making errors, CONSTANTLY, and are possibly influencing others to do the same, I do have a problem.

Aidan

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
SaIiLdVaEnR said:
Thank you very much Apoc, hopefully others will help me out and show this person their error. I do not do things out of vengeance, however, if they are making errors, CONSTANTLY, and are possibly influencing others to do the same, I do have a problem.

Aidan
Good point. People like that could definetly steer someone in the wrong direction. That guy obviously knows very very little about scorpion husbandry. ;)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Aidan,

I agree with what you are saying and the guy is just spewing stuff you could have been a bit less cocky with the guy...LOL

John
];')

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aidan, now ya see why i dont go there anymore? haha

dudes just stupid, sorry ya gotta deal with the dummys to help the people who need it

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I really want to know what he could possibly accomplish with a damp sponge as opposed to a water dish. :?

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I was ALL over the net, from forum to forum, searching for the greatest body of knowledge that contained the best minds. It was never a question, arachnoboards is THE ONLY place to be.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
I was ALL over the net, from forum to forum, searching for the greatest body of knowledge that contained the best minds. It was never a question, arachnoboards is THE ONLY place to be.
we love you too stan. :D

Highlander

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
I couldn't agree with you more Stan.I myself have only been keeping scorps for a little over a month.Before that I just read the many posts here for a few weeks.In that short time I have learned more about the proper care of scorpions than most people and I will tell the reason........ARACHNOBOARDS.COM
As for that guy I say we sacrifice him to the scorpion gods ;P

Jonathan/Highlander

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Aidan,

No offense, but if you came off sounding like that in your FIRST reply on any particular subject, I'd ignore you too. No one's going to argue that your advice is sound, but being an ass about it right from the get-go kind of invalidates your credibility. Next time give it two or three posts before you completely jump down someone's throat.

@ everyone else that felt the need to participate in that thread:
Ask yourself next time if all that is really necessary... we are trying to maintain a reputation here.

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, I totally agree with internet. It DID sound cocky and you shouldn't have to ask for backup in a forum.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thank you all for the support. The reason I sounded cocky was because this guys has done this before, several times. I've been getting really sick of it lately. I know I sounded like an ass, and I meant to towards that guy because he doesn't get it through his head.

I jumped down his throat because he is doing it again.

Sorry Mr. Internet.

I just wanted people to let this guy know he is wrong, because he isn't helping anyone. I was asking for a backup of my information, because this guy just doesn't get it.

I don't want people to spread out more faulty knowledge, so I will thank everyone who helped this guy and the members of those boards understand what is the right thing to do and what isn't.

I don't think it hurt our reputation at all, because frankly people were just spreading out from this site to help others on another site.

However I am sorry if I did scar the reputation of the site in any way.

Aidan

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Aidan,

A link to a REAL scorpion discussion site in your sig would go a lot further towards making sure people have good access to information. (hint)

If he's doing this on a regular basis, then it should be obvious by now that you're not going to either make him change his tactics or force academic research on him... your efforts are better spent simply stating the proper information and leaving it at that.