Brachy= Brachypelma
GBB= Greenbottle Blue
palps=pedipalps

I'm sure I will have some more in a minute

Last edited:

Pheonixx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Shark tank= Placing Male inside another tank in the tank with the female.

AB= abbreviation for arachnoboards.com
ST= Abreviation for spidertalk.com

"sex me" = referring to need for sex ID of a Tarantula

Crix= crickets
cam= digital camera

misfitsfiend

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Boxing gloves=Mature male palps
kk= kritter keepers

... maybe ill think of more later

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this is what we need for all those noobs who dont know all the slang on this site. it should be a sticky so that they know what all the slang is

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not always used to "Malhavoc's MAdness" -someone who picks up overerly aggressive 'will kill you' tarantulas and has fun and takes pictures while petting their fangs ect :)

ahh egotistical moments..

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
NEVER heard leggs...
No offense though...Has the Watering Hole become so full this didnt fit there????
T

D4RK-3L3M3NT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Rick James = C. crawshayi

{D

Credit goes out to the individual who originally stated this in another forum, I wish I could remember who said it - but I'm pretty sure he/she may have an account here.
;P

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thsi doesnt belong in the watering hole and that out of topic jabber is annoying thats what 'report this thread' is for. Its got content concearning tarantulas so it bleongs in the tarantula board considering its "Tarantula Oreintated" by finding the top ten slang words we use in reference to our tarantulas

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
never heard leggs either...
eggs with legs is much more amusing to say anyway...

Tony

Arachno-pragmatarian
Old Timer
Malhavoc's said:
Thsi doesnt belong in the watering hole and that out of topic jabber is annoying thats what 'report this thread' is for. Its got content concearning tarantulas so it bleongs in the tarantula board considering its "Tarantula Oreintated" by finding the top ten slang words we use in reference to our tarantulas
Perhaps then I should just lament the general state of this forum ? :rolleyes:

But I guess overall this forum is precisely what the public wants, and has created it to be...Still doesn't make it less fluffy...
T :(
Maybe one day we can have a seperate non WH Fluff forum for 'look at my pic' type stuff? seriously...

WE dont need another sticky, we just need some forum with the basics covered for newbies... a newbie forum...How to pack...and ahem how to unpack ????..How to carry your box is missing...

Last edited:

D4RK-3L3M3NT

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
monantony said:

But I guess overall this forum is precisely what the public wants, and has created it to be...Still doesn't make it less fluffy...
Maybe one day we can have a seperate non WH Fluff forum for 'look at my pic' type stuff? seriously...

WE dont need another sticky, we just need some forum with the basics covered for newbies... a newbie forum...How to pack...and ahem how to unpack ????..How to carry your box is missing...

Wait a sec.... are 'we' having an argument? If so, I don't mean to start any type of dispute. I'm rather new to this forum and, well, although signed up since last year... this is the first time I am actually quite active within threads... but, I mean no harm and no offense, and then again I may just be another newb getting the wrong impression of discussions.

Please clarify.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
monantony said:

Dont forget "hjow to feed" "when its molting when its dead" ect ect ect. but before this topic becomes fluff afied by this litle descusion I say we let it die with suggestions to the mods? lol

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
okay, okay back to the topic. this is a good thread btw, and i agree it belongs here in the T forum.

PZB= pink zebra beauty
pet dirt= H. lividum or any species of that sort
crix= crickets
TKG= The Tarantula Keepers Guide
hooks= tibial spurs
flap= epigastric furrow

Dee

Arachnopeon
Actually, as a newbie I find this thread quite helpful. I had to read alot of posts to figure out what an avic was, (now my fave type already, lol) and alot of other stuff, this sort of list helps me navigate the boards better and understand what people are talking about. Keep adding people, this is a great idea! :)

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Forgot "Pet rock" = any T that just sits there for days on end. {D

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The thing is... WE'VE ALREADY DONE THIS THREAD! And probably more than once...

-Kelly