Centruroides bicolor?

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've been offered some of these (needless to say I accepted:) ), does anyone have any care tips on this species, Communal, habitat etc?
Thanks

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
didn't know a C. bicolor existed til now lol...but i knew you'd posted on here enough to say Androctunus if that's what you meant. AWESOME looking scorp i might add...i'm jealous! :drool:

I found a lil info on habitat at The Scorpion Files (southern Costa Rica, forest species, prob fairly high humidity):

http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/c_bicolor.php

other than that even Google wasn't much help...

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think everyone else will agree with me when i say:

you lucky <beep>

good luck with em, and breed em like no tomorrow. We need more.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Unfortunately they're not the intense colour morph like the picture on the scorpionfiles.

MichiganHerp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
all i know is i have been drooling :drool: over one of those for some time now.....i am so jelous i cant beleave yoiu found some...i have been looking for some time and i know alot of ppl in the herp world and am pretty well known and not even i could get them.....darn this suck!!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :drool: :drool:

well let me know how they do please i am very intrested in them

you are very lucky

and good luck
anthony

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
A picture from the breeder(I'm hoping the ID's right):

Last edited:

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
still really nice... a generation or two down the line and you could get a nice extreme colour morph. Kind of like how people get the regular and chocolate morphs of B. Jacksoni

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
ya, even without the highly contrasted colors in the pic i linked they're still very nice looking...

<-- still jealous

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
I currently have some babies (from the same breeder ;) ) and babies are growing really slowly, they're tiny and totally different in coloration from babies margaritatus or gracilis. There are pictures of babies on my site. I think it's really C.bicolor you're getting ;)
Greetings,
Eric
(PS. There is a good description of C.bicolor in the "Scorpion of Costa-Rica" of Francke & Stockwell)

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. Bicolor....AND Tityus....AND everything else. There is only one option. Europe must be destroyed. ;P Congrats fusion, I hope you enjoy them. :D

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ythier said:
Hi,
I currently have some babies (from the same breeder ;) ) and babies are growing really slowly, they're tiny and totally different in coloration from babies margaritatus or gracilis. There are pictures of babies on my site. I think it's really C.bicolor you're getting ;)
Greetings,
Eric
(PS. There is a good description of C.bicolor in the "Scorpion of Costa-Rica" of Francke & Stockwell)
Thanks for the info eric :) Do you keep them communally?

Last edited:

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

I´ve also got some scorplings of these (yes, from the same breeder ;) ) and I´m not convinced that they are really C. bicolor. What makes you sure about this, Eric? By the way, mine are not growing slowly, most of them have molted once in my possession and I received them a few weeks ago.

Greetings
Alex

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mm..you're right Alex, just with the youngs I can't say that it's C.bicolor.
But you will be agree with me if I assure that it's not gracilis/margaritatus. That's no bad at all :)
So, as the adult specimen seems to be comes from Costa-Rica (just 4 species and it's not a margaritatus, koesteri or limbatus), and as it has very contrasted colours...so there's for me every chances that it's a bicolor (or a non-described species)...
My babies grow not extremly slowly (they have molted two times since I have it), but more slowly than a baby marg or gracilis.
What do you think about this species Alex ? :?
Greetings,
Eric

Last edited:

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is it definitely a centruroides? I thought Tityus when I first saw the picture since it reminded me of T. bahiensis. But its not easy to tell.

Nazgul

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Eric,

you are right, I´m sure as well it´s no margaritatus nor gracilis. I didn´t know the mother´s origin is Costa Rica, did Giorgio say this? I have no idea which species yet. I was too lazy to examine them carefully so far ;). But it should be easy to find out if it´s C. bicolor by using the description in the Francke & Stockwell book, you are right again, Eric ;). My youngs are looking completely different from the specimen on the picture, is this a picture from Giorgio?

Greetings
Alex

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nazgul said:
Hi Eric,

you are right, I´m sure as well it´s no margaritatus nor gracilis. I didn´t know the mother´s origin is Costa Rica, did Giorgio say this? I have no idea which species yet. I was too lazy to examine them carefully so far ;). But it should be easy to find out if it´s C. bicolor by using the description in the Francke & Stockwell book, you are right again, Eric ;). My youngs are looking completely different from the specimen on the picture, is this a picture from Giorgio?

Greetings
Alex
Yes the pictures from him and he says they came from coasta rica, the scorplings seem to look totally differrent to the adults.

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fusion121 said:
Yes the pictures from him and he says they came from costa rica
Yes, Giorgio said me also that it comes from Costa-Rica and our scorplings are from the specimen on the picture.

fusion121 said:
the scorplings seem to look totally differrent to the adults.
Indeed. Here's a young.

Greetings,
Eric