UNCOVER TARANTULA attention T educators !!!

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I found a most amazing book at Borders Books..

This is a GREAT "book"

It is actually a 7 layer plastic overlay model built into the pages of this book..

As you turn the page a layered real 3D model is lifted apart so that different organs and structures are visible..and each page explains these parts...
fairly scientific but not overly complicated..

perfect for those elementary school demos..

ISBN 1-59223-237-x

knottyduke

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That would be totally cool for my kids!!!!

I will call tommorow!!!

Thanks

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Would you say the info in the book is highly accurate, mostly accurate, or what? And what did you pay? Amazon has it for just under $14 new....

Nerri1029

Old Timer
I haven't seen any info that was wrong but I haven't checked it all against the Keepers handbook but so far it's good..

I paid 18.95 .. but Borders hosts a chess club I help run so I give them regular business. PLus I was able to sit down and read the entire thing before I bought it..

I showed it to two of my daughters ( 7 and 5 )last night.. and they liked it ... they had questions and learned stuff..

as an anatomy model it's exceptional..

but check it out for yourself...
I tried to find a decent pic or ad for it online but couldn't..

I'll send anyone more scans if they want..

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nerri, you're awesome. This book looks perfect for my tarantula presentation. Ordered it this morning, hope it makes it by friday.
Thought this thread could use a bump :D It goes well with the educational presentation thread.

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea, that is really cool. I saw that in a store in Pigieon Forge Tenn. along with one for T-Rex.

Nerri1029

Old Timer
wicked said:
Nerri, you're awesome. This book looks perfect for my tarantula presentation. Ordered it this morning, hope it makes it by friday.
Thought this thread could use a bump :D It goes well with the educational presentation thread.
you beat me to it.. I was gonna link to it in that thread.. but hey good enough :)

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for this heads up! We do quite a few T presentations with younger kids, so this will be great! (Got the wife out shopping for it now.)

Rick

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had a look through this - it's actually very accurate for what is supposed to be a fun/kids book.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have that book! It's a great book! I got mine at Sam's Club for $10.87.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Truly a great find! My son grabbed it off the shelf in Barnes and Noble...he has now decided to use it for his non fiction book "project". I read it a few times myself!

Nerri1029

Old Timer
Arachnoboards said:
We have it as well. I found my copy at Costco for $10.99 plus tax.

Here are some reviews on this book.

Please keep all reviews in the review forum. Thanks. ;)

Debby

yeah.. I posted this back when I was a Newbie !! :8o

and it really wasn't a review but an announcement that it exists ...

Last edited: