most prolific webbers???

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 2 Green Bottle Blues....they make alot of webbing...I also have a couple of C.fasciatum wich web up everything as well...my P.murinus is no slowch at web making either...hope that helps...

Regards, Mike :worship:

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
pinktoes804 said:
what T's are considered the biggest webbers???
GBBs web A LOT! Arboreals web a lot as well. But the only arboreal I have is just a sling, so I can't compare them with my GBB's webbing.

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sure you can use the search function for this, but from my personal experience...C. cyaneopubescens...and probably one of the prettiest webbers to boot!

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would say P. murinus and also H. incei (Trinidad olive). I also agree with GBB.

Arachnoboy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My webbers
C.andersoni, C.cyanopubescens, P.murinus, P.fasciata, P.ornata

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey thanks everyone for the input i really love webbers and im glad to hear that the GBB is on almost every list for the fact that i got one yesterday its only a sling but still. i cannot wait for it to start its webbing.....

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
pinktoes804 said:
hey thanks everyone for the input i really love webbers and im glad to hear that the GBB is on almost every list for the fact that i got one yesterday its only a sling but still. i cannot wait for it to start its webbing.....
Congrats! Mine is putting down more web even as I type this. If you're looking for a webber, a GBB will not let you down. And in terms of appearance, they're real good-looking as well.
Enjoy. :D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't forget a P cambridgei. Mine wegs more than my GBB and P murinus if that is possible :razz:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As already mentioned, C. cyaneopubescens is a big webber. H. incei is supposed to be a huge webber and every pic I've ever seen of their tanks was one big tangle of silk (I've got 3 small slings but no way to tell what they'll be like down the road). P. murinus and Pterinochilus are also heavy on the silk side.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
From experience, C. cyaneopubescens make the most webbing, imho. My avics make webbing so thick you could make a shirt out of it. And lets not forget the obt's...my female adult has webbing that rivals some arboreals, and the two slings I have have webbed everything in site.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey you guys arent lying i just checked on my little GBB and the whole bottom of the dish that its in is webbed up i mean its not thick but its webbed quite nice....man those T's are so cool...

hey wayne those OBT's are a little to much for me right now from what ive seen...but you can bet that ill have one after about a year or more experience with T's :D

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
new GBB set up is this good???

new GBB set up is this goo or to big its like 4 inches tall by 4 inches wide and like 2 or 2.5 inches substrate...and sorry for all the questions but this the most expensive T so far and i want to make sure i have the tank and everything right for it so i does not get to stressed thanks again...

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah i would agree with everybody that the gbb web a lot but i wouldnt count out the obt or usumbara and my pokie webs a lot and has just made some adjustments. so i think its all the aborels and then the gbb and the usumbara. and yeah that looks like a nice set up

kellygirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I like species that web a lot but I'm more interested in the ones that do cool stuff with their webs.

Pterinochilus murinus is not one of my favorite species but I did keep a few juveniles awhile back--they were SO much fun to watch. They would spend all night creating these elaborate webbing structures only to tear them down into a dirt-n-web ball the next day. These guys are CONSTANTLY building and rebuilding. I'm just not so into their attitudes... but the orange coloration and starburst patterning is appealing.

Chromatopelma cyanopubescens are great because they web every inch of their enclosures with a thick mat of white web. I had a male GBB who literally left no dirt showing whatsoever... and his water dish was never to be seen again, not that he was ever really interested in it. What's nice about GBB is that they will do lots of webbing but will often stick around out in the open, unlike many other prolific webbers.

Avicularia species make great tube webs... too bad this means you rarely see them unless they are out and about in the middle of the night. I do love to drop in a cricket at the opening they leave at the top and watch them creep up on it... the irridescence of their toes flashing as they grab their prey and disappear again! Gotta love the pinktoe species.

My favorite webbers, however, are Chilobrachys species. They transform their enclosures into a maze of solid webbing. I had Chilobrachys huahini that created the most amazing tunnels and I loved to watch her creep around in there. She was super-shy and super-fast so I'd really have to sneak up on her to get a good glimpse. C. huahini is so underrated... the great webbing abilities, large size, strong feeding response, long spinnerets, and "tear-drop" abdomen.... VERY cool species. Of course, many people would just say it's a big brown spider. If you're one of those types, go for Chilobrachys fimbriatus--who doesn't love a stripey purple spidey? :)

-Kelly

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
hey thanks hopefully he will web this one up real nice for me i think he likes it he is climbing all over the place and putting down some nice silk...cant wait to see it the morning... :D

im going to look into those Chilobrachys fimbriatus that you mentioned kelly....thanks for the stories of your experiences with webbers