Need help deciding on 3rd T

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all,
I'm thinking about buying my third T, considering availability in my area I have brought it down to two choices (i can only get one for definite, my parants wont tolerate anymore...and neither will my g/f). Anyway the two I have brought it down to are Brachypelma emilia(juvenile) and Eupalaestrus campestratus(adult). I know they're both good for a relative beginner like myself, just wondering what everyones choice would be from experience or personal preferance. :?

Thanks alot.

hmm....

Last edited:

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'd get the juvie B. emilia. To me, it's a bit "more color", although it's not really.

For one thing, it's a juvie, so you can watch it grow. I tend to pick my T's based on color/overall brilliance, so I'd get the B. Emilia. I acutally own a PZB, and she is the most boring of my T's these days, although she was my first T. (She's only the most boring becuase almost all of the others are quick nervous species) ;P

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Easy choice for me, would be the emilia as they are one of my favorite brachys, but really comes down to which one you like the looks of best as they are both very cool T's, both are pretty docille and as for hair kicking even thought brachys are known kickers my emilia's are not.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would get the Brachypelma emilia(juvenile).

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I vote for a new girlfriend!! {D YAAAAAY {D Then you can buy LOTS more spiders!!!

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another B. emilia fan. They're just so beautiful and usually pretty mellow.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
If my previous suggestion is not an option then go for the Brachypelma..

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Out of those two I'd go for the emilia. I have one and shes a sweet heart, bit of a pet rock but she has her moments. I heard a thud yesterday, checked on her, apparently she didnt like her plantpot hide where it was and had decided to lob it across her tank :D

Sterlingspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I say get the Juvie.

I have a 2" sling, a 2.5 inch juvie, and a 4 inch sub(?)adult and I am really enjoying having Ts at several different levels of development.

Besides, emilia's have that nifty triangle on their prosoma and can be a neat orange at times.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I will have to go w/the majority vote and say B.emilia. I have a 2.75" and its more on the skittish side but has yet to flick hairs (notice I did say yet lol). It eats like a pig though and doesn't turn anything down :)

P.S I hope you got permission to use those pics because some websites u need permission to show there pics :)

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

rosehaired1979 said:
P.S I hope you got permission to use those pics because some websites u need permission to show there pics
Oops my bad, pictures removed!

Cirith Ungol said:
I vote for a new girlfriend!! YAAAAAY Then you can buy LOTS more spiders!!!
Lol how about the parents? Jk, we're as good as married anyway. It's just for some reason she actually hates my T's with a passion.

Anyone know how much the temperaments of the two species differs? So far it looks like I'm going for the emilia. Would be my first 'brightly' coloured T anyway.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H-D said:
Anyone know how much the temperaments of the two species differs? So far it looks like I'm going for the emilia. Would be my first 'brightly' coloured T anyway.
Well PZB are known to be one of the most docile T's there is, I only have one and it is still pretty small around 2" and it seems a little skittish as for emilia's I have three a 5-1/2" female that is one of my most docile T she has never kicked any hairs at me and I have gave her plenty of reason to and then the other two I have are juvs. around 2-1/2"-3" one seems to be a lot like my female but it has kicked at me once the other is a little more skittish, not a kicking machine like some brachies can be but it is pretty quick to kick. Greg