Genus Psalmopoeus

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
well since there is no appreciation thread for these i thought i would start one...please post your pics of these wonderful T's. ill throw in two here is a
P irminia sling about 1", and a molted P cambridgei about 1.5-1.75"..edit: and my newly arrived P pulcher sling...about .75-1" :D Edit: a bettter pic of the little one is being added.

Attachments

Last edited:

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's my 4 Paslmopeous, only one I don't have is maya. :) Man, I love this genus!

adult female P. irminia

Juvie P. cambirdgei

A little more...

P. reduncus sling

and the beautiful sub-adult female P. pulcher

I wish P. maya would come into the USA already!!!! I'd be all over that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raqua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I heard that there is P. plantaris, which should be extremely fuzzy, in a way that you can't even see his body ...
Has any of you seen/heard of it ?

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
Here's my 4 Paslmopeous, only one I don't have is maya. :) Man, I love this genus!
Is there only 5 species in the genus Psalmopoeus then ? :?
Have affinis, ecclesiaticus, emeraldus, intermedius, plantaris, rufus all been found to be synonyms of cambridgei, irminia, maya, pulcher & reduncus now then? :?

Raqua

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tescos said:
Have affinis, ecclesiaticus, emeraldus, intermedius, plantaris, rufus all been found to be synonyms of cambridgei, irminia, maya, pulcher & reduncus now then? :?

No.

These are considered to be in genus Psalmopoeus:
affinis
cambridgei
ecclesiasticus
emeraldus
intermedius
irminia
maya
plantaris
pulcher
reduncus
rufus

But not all are in the hobby as for what I know. I've seen only irminia, reduncus, cambridgei, pulcher and maya (this one only on pic).
:(

Last edited:

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jw73 said:
How big is your pulcher ?
3.5 inches...

Tescos said:
No, sorry I should have been more specific. I meant the 5 that I wanted and were most available. I try not to fret over the ones I can't have. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
No, sorry I should have been more specific. I meant the 5 that I wanted and were most available. I try not to fret over the ones I can't have. :rolleyes:

AAAAAAHHHH now I get you :rolleyes: thought for a moment there lots had changed! :D

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Finally have them all again!!! After having all but the reduncus for quite a while I finally get the reduncus that was short lived though as about 2 or 3 weeks after that my pulcher has his maturing molt and off he goes to breed, so there I am once more one short of the full lot of available psalmos, this all went on a few months ago, well earlier in the week I picked up the pulcher that has been missing :D Greg

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
just thought i would post some pics of my freshly molted P cambridgei its about 3" these T's are amazing. ( As you can see it was misting day and this bad *** decided it was time for a walk around the tank)

P irminia molted, lost the sling markings, she(hopefully) is about 3"

Attachments

brandi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
very nice specimens all! I only have one Psalmopeus, a P. cambridgei that was given me by a friend. You can find a photo of him here

My question is how do these compare to the P. irminia in terms of difficulty? I'm still rather a newbie, but the irminia are gorgeous and I'd kind of like to try raising one.

Thanks all,
B~