Scorpion Blacklight/UV Appreciation thread

mimic58

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you could Please only post Pics of Scopions that are fluresing under UV light with just a single reference to its species, Lets make this thread Glo :D

avd88

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How did you take that pic leiurus?! Pretty cool :cool:

leiurus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
avd88 said:
How did you take that pic leiurus?! Pretty cool :cool:

Thanks man! It's pretty easy... i just put the camera behind it, and shot a picture :D

fiveohatch

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i tried to get some of my emp but they didn't come out well. it doesn't work to well when it's in its hide.

MACZ

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Few of mine here,I must take some new ones

A Australis

A Amourexi

B Occitanus

H arizonenis

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
T. stigmurus confluenciata, freshly moulted 4th instar next to moult, the intensity of fluoresence of the old exoskeleton seems to decrease quite quickly after a moult:

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
fusion121 said:
T. stigmurus confluenciata, freshly moulted 4th instar next to moult, the intensity of fluoresence of the old exoskeleton seems to decrease quite quickly after a moult
Hhhmmm not to my experience fusion...
I have exoskeletons more than a month old that keep fluoresence as the did the first day.
Strange...

Last edited:

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
vardoulas said:
Hhhmmm not to my experience fusion...
I have exoskeletons more than a month old that keep fluoresence as the did the first day.
Strange...
I have also a old P.transvaalicus molt (about 1 year) which fluoresce very well

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes I have old exoskeletons that fluoresce alot as well, but the T. stigmurus confluenciata doesn't seem to that much. I also have a 4th instar that moulted about 2 weeks but the new exoskeleton hardly fluoresces at all which is very strange as it looks like its completely tanned now :confused: .

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Interesting!!! I don't have any old molts from this sp. in order to double-check your observations (by no means I don't question your credibility)

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi
Yes I'd be interested hear what you see, its strange as 4 of them all fluoresce very brightly a week after a moult but one of them doesn't, its obviously taking longer to tan its new exoskeleton, but I don't know why.