Help Need Quik Help

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
My rose hair just fell and broke the abdomin and leeked a bunch of white stuff, she is still crawling but i wont beable to sleep untill i know whats going to happen. Please help now. Is she going to die? If this is so is there a way i can end it for her quik instead of her suffering?
PLEASE HELP QUIK

CherishYour_f8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've read that liquid bandage may seal the wound.I think I also read somewhere that nail polish(?) can be used to seal it?Not sure about the second one,better not try nail polish till someone else confirms or rejects that idea.

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
I have none of that stuff, it aint leeking anymore, will she live. She is driving me crazy running around, im afraid to sleep becuase im afraid she will escape now for some stupid reason.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
if your cage is secure (which it should be ANYWAYS) and it isn't leaking then the best thing you can do (in my opinion) is turn the lights off and leave it alone, it is stressed enough as it is, having you staring at it will not help.

Make sure it isn't leaking though

Mori

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
Well the cage is secure but what if something securing it lets go? Then im screwed.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I cross my finger's :( I have no idea of what to do im sorry :8o

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
I think she is dieng :( She is hanging on to the side of the log she hides under and has been hanging there for the past 10 minute and is starting to kind of droop.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You best best would be to put it in an ICU. This would be a small container with nothing more than a damp paper towel as a substrate. Provide a water dish for your T, as it will need plenty of water. As others have mentioned, you should try to seal the wound. This can be done using super glue or triple nail hardener. Unfortunately, injuries to the abdoman are usually fatal. Sorry to have to say that.

Good luck with your T.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
yep, she's dying...almost guaranteed. If the split is large enough for alot of white stuff to come out, you'd be doing her a favor to put her in the freezer.
Falling far enough to really split the abdomen is pretty much a death sentance.

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
I think im going to let her go on her own now since its almost midnight and i have school tommorow, my parents think im sleeping and i dont want to make alot of noise.
I feel so crappy, if i would have bought a shorter teranium like was recomended a while ago when i first bought he none of this would have happend :(

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
im very... very sorry for that :( I know what you can feel it rally not a good experience, sorry again I hope it wont break your hobby

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
RoseHair said:
I think im going to let her go on her own now since its almost midnight and i have school tommorow, my parents think im sleeping and i dont want to make alot of noise.
I feel so crappy, if i would have bought a shorter teranium like was recomended a while ago when i first bought he none of this would have happend :(
well, hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? Hopefully the lesson you have learned is to research before you buy, and obviously to either get a shorter tank, or raise the substrate no?!
sometimes unfortunately it takes a death to make us pay attention...don't worry, you are not the only one it's happened to.
At least you learned the lesson, which I can't say everyone does....

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
Still unsure of what results will be, ill probly be up until 1:00 to find out, and i have to wake up at 5:30

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Immortal_sin said:
well, hindsight is always 20/20 isn't it? Hopefully the lesson you have learned is to research before you buy, and obviously to either get a shorter tank, or raise the substrate no?!
sometimes unfortunately it takes a death to make us pay attention...don't worry, you are not the only one it's happened to.
At least you learned the lesson, which I can't say everyone does....
its true ...

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
What do you guys think will happen, she is drooping on the side of the log, not moving at all, and the abdomin is real small. Does anyone know whats happening so i can try to get some sleep?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
as some said ... im pretty sure she's dying :( good luck for the sleeping but if i was you and if she's dying I could'nt sleep of the night

sorry :(

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
6:00 am and she is sort hanging by 1 leg off the log and here body is reasting on the substrate. Is she alive or dead?

Cigarman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
probably safe to say she is done. If she doesn't move for a long time and looks deflated then she's probably lost too much hemolymph (blood) and internal stuff to keep going. :(

RoseHair

Arachnopeon
Her abdomin does look kind of shrunk, and she hasnt moved since about midnight. One leg is strechted out holding on the log, the others or kind of loosly curled around to the edge of the log. Pretty sure she is gone? :( :( :(