cross breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
why screw up the species any more than they already are?

i think most people are in the hobby to give T's a helping hand not screw things up till we don't know what is what any more.

i guess you are wondering because the are the same species yes?
well, yes they would cross breed, and where their range overlaps they would possibly do so in the wild.

but they are different geographical varients and should be kept as such

MysticKigh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm more inclined to feel that we should focus on captive bred 'pure' strains ... cross breeding is inclined to eliminate or severely decrease the amount of original specimen available. Look upon ball pythons for instance... morphs morphs everywhere, but most 'pure' strains are WC :(

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hahaha no worries no worries ... theres low chance that you succesfull a hybrid species, if you ever succesfull, witch would be exceptional, the eggsac would probably be infertile

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i wouldnt be sorry to have asked a question ...its something that has ran through most of everyones mind im sure ...snake cross-breeding thats a whole different story really ..there are lots of ball cbb ..but if you look at it money wise thats why people enhance their genetics on them reg ball ccb $50 now a pie-bald ball cbb $150 -$200 then the famous black ball untouchable ... so to me if there was a way to go about it with scientists and all that jazz and there was a certain name made for them and a cross-reffrence sheet to breed this T with that T and you get this T ...that would be great lots of money and time (prolly generations of time and study )but who knows snake morphs started some way and some how ..and who knows maybe they will some day do the same with T's ....but this is sacred territory here ,,

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hahaha. People get all so defensive and out of shape when it comes to things like this !!!

Oblivion, I have not heard of any cases. I general I know that cross breeding is rare and if any egg sack is produced it usually not fertile. But that doesn't mean it is not possible though! My opinion.

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Kirdec said:
hahaha no worries no worries ... theres low chance that you succesfull a hybrid species, if you ever succesfull, witch would be exceptional, the eggsac would probably be infertile
i might be mistaken but i think i read somewhere someone did cross-breed 2 T's but the babies where not for sale to the public ..just for there personal research or what ever ...but like i said i maybe mistaken

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Crossbreeding is natural in the wild, don't worry guys, it is not a sin.

I haven't tried crossbreeding the two you were talking about, but I don't believe the hybrids would look much different then thier parents (just a guess). Who knows, rainbow colored spiders might pop out. lol There is always the possibility that the genes/DNA make-up might not be stable enough to last to adult-hood.

And even IF Oblivion wanted to cross breed spiders, are you going to stop him? LOL.

See? Click Here! You can't tell me that spider is not awesome!

Think about this! For all you breeders out there. Are you sure every spider you are breeding is for sure 100% of what you think it is? You may be crossbreeding spiders and you don't even know it! Heck, the spiders you are breeding could be hybrids themselves!

surena

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
NightCrawler27 said:
i might be mistaken but i think i read somewhere someone did cross-breed 2 T's but the babies where not for sale to the public ..just for there personal research or what ever ...but like i said i maybe mistaken
Nobody is saying cross-breed is not possible! I have seen at least one case with a new world type of some zebra nature and God knows what else!

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
Crossbreeding is natural in the wild, don't worry guys, it is not a sin.

I haven't tried crossbreeding the two you were talking about, but I don't believe the hybrids would look much different then thier parents (just a guess). Who knows, rainbow colored spiders might pop out. lol There is always the possibility that the genes/DNA make-up might not be stable enough to last to adult-hood.

And even IF Oblivion wanted to cross breed spiders, are you going to stop him? LOL.

See? Click Here! You can't tell me that spider is not awesome!

Think about this! For all you breeders out there. Are you sure every spider you are breeding is for sure 100% of what you think it is? You may be crossbreeding spiders and you don't even know it! Heck, the spiders you are breeding could be hybrids themselves!

very true know one really knows just like with snakes ..looks like a reg normal burmese python ...but you may in fact have a het on your hands and never know till ya breed and ya only useually get 1 albino per clutch and all the rest are just hets ....and im sure its the same with spiders

NightCrawler27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
surena said:
Nobody is saying cross-breed is not possible! I have seen at least one case with a new world type of some zebra nature and God knows what else!

i wasnt impling that anyone said it wasnt possible ..i was just saying that i thought i had read that somewhere...

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oblivion56 said:
can you breed an obt with a mombassa?anyone ever try?
According to the ATS common name list, wouldn't these be the same T? The ATS lists the Mombassa golden starburst as a P. murinus.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Well, if you crossed an OBT with a Rosie, you'd get a chunky orange spider that sat in a threat posture for six months without moving or eating! {D

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
bagheera said:
Well, if you crossed an OBT with a Rosie, you'd get a chunky orange spider that sat in a threat posture for six months without moving or eating! {D
AWWWW, G rosea isn't THAT bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.