What's up (besides her butt?) LOL

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Morticia has been standing since Thursday-every time I look in on her,she's up on her "toes". There are absolutely no changes in the tank or the T room,the substrate is dry and free of any debris or critters as far as I can tell. What's up? Do yours do this? It just seems like a very long time to go on standing.

Attachments

MysticKigh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine have done this on and off... seems the rosea's are the worst for it but I have no idea why. My males have what we affectionately refer to as "pose-offs"... the'll both come to the front of their respective tanks and stand in the same poses for hours, or even days it seems. My 'slings on the other hand are infamous for doing headstands.... go figure :razz:

monster_bugs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
standing up straight is a sign on a healthy tarantula and a lot of mine do that too, so in this case i cant think of anything bad happening to tarantula...if you say that nothing has changed inthe environment.. also i find that they really dont mind a cricket or two when they stand like that, but not always..

Igor

usumbaraboy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what kind of soil are u using? because i see white specs in the soil that look a little like rocks. im not a roisie expert but i know that ts dont like rocks

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Can she see her reflection in the side of the glass? What a cutie. i love it when they stand on thier toes. {D

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
usumbaraboy said:
what kind of soil are u using? because i see white specs in the soil that look a little like rocks. im not a roisie expert but i know that ts dont like rocks
Looks like pieces of vermaculite to me.

Mine does this occasionally, although I have no idea why. I have, however, seen her do it a good bit before she starts kicking hairs.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Have you had her blood pressure checked lately? LOL Mine does this as well. Rosies, go figure!

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For Rosies being pet rocks.... they sure do alot of weird stuff.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What's up...

Hey Bones!
That does look very much like you mixed potting soil and vermiculite.
Many of my T's pose like that too, often during feeding or sitting over their water dish. It's a good sign. She is healthy and hydrated. Desicated T's cannot stand up like that. Morticia looks great to me! :)

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wanna see her shake it like a cat and pounce on her reflection. {D

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's a cutie! {D

I've seen mine do this once in awhile, usually just before and after tackling and eating a cricket. Once I caught her doing this on the top of her hide. Just chalked it up to more rosie strangeness.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
BlkCat said:
I wanna see her shake it like a cat and pounce on her reflection. {D
You will wait a looooong time to see that. I *think* that they teleport the crix right inside themselves, thus they don't have to actually move to eat! {D

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx 4 putting my mind at ease- I just didn't know what to think--at first I thought, oh no! maybe mites, I thought maybe she had a cricket that I missed, I thought she was taking up ballet...lol! In all the time I had her, I've never seen this! GOTTA LOVE EM !!!!
BTW- that is peat/verm substrate

Kali

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my albopilosum does this too. i like to think she feels regal. perhaps she is begging for crix? :D

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Update:

I think I've figured it out--she's impersonating an Octopus! (her butt's up even higher today,lol)

Attachments

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOLOL.... my T does this often when cricks are in the habitat with her... I think she's waiting for one to simply crawl under and right into her fangs {D ... which they often do!!!
She also will stick her butt way up on the sides or in her burrow to web up, she frequently takes breaks but the big behind remains up.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
My G.Rosea I just got yesterday has been burrowing :clap: :worship: . She is a very active girl. She does wome goofy things, but hey they are know for being goof balls!!! {D Do you have a lot of light in the room. From what I know about the G.Rosea is that they are not a fan of light. They like it very dim to dark and noticed they like dry peat moss for a substrate.

Last edited: