Web making spiders

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We are interested in getting another spider, we currently have a T Blondi, but would like to get another one that does allot of spider webbing, anyone have any suggestions on what type of spider we should get that does webbing? :)

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. murinus
C. cyaneopubescens

...and my P. regalis loves to cover everything in net. She is beter than my GBB

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Cyclosternum fasciatum

Psalmopoeus irminia

Psalmopoeus cambridgei

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Off the top of my head, you could try:

C. cyaneopubescens, C. fasciatum or a P. murinus.

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You want one that webs alot.Off the top of my head I have herd that the Indian Violet Chilobrachys fimbriatus will web the whole tank if ya let it.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My C bechuanicus sling has also webbed a lot, but nowhere near as much as my GBB at the moment, so that's another species you might consider. The bechuanicus sling acutally webbed up the entire vial it was in right before it molted, so it was impossible to see the T unless you opened the vial. I've moved it to a larger container since then, and it is currently trying to build layers of web over all of the sides.

My GBB looks like it's trying to web it's entire container shut. It's starting to look really nice though, it has little hammock spaces all over the place.

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think if you want web the first T to look at is C. cyaneopubescens as others have already said, but what others have not yet mentioned most webbers will make there web retreat and then you are luck to even get a glimpse of the front legs peeking out of that retreat, but the GBB almost is always out in the open perched on top of all it's glorious webbing.... Greg

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bearskin10 said:
I think if you want web the first T to look at is C. cyaneopubescens as others have already said, but what others have not yet mentioned most webbers will make there web retreat and then you are luck to even get a glimpse of the front legs peeking out of that retreat, but the GBB almost is always out in the open perched on top of all it's glorious webbing.... Greg

Good point... though mine are still quite small, that is certainly a trait I have observed and enjoyed but never thought to vocalize. :)

Dark Raptor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, Psalmopoeus irminia is also very good web builder.

I've got one GBB (3 cm bodylenght), she is always hiding in her web, so I don't see her very often.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanx

Wow, theres allot of them.... thank you for your suggestions.
What is a GBB?

Blasphemy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GBB = Green Bottle Blue Tarantula (C. Cyaneopubescens).

When I had my goliath it used to web the ground that it walked on...I know it's not as crazy as say a P. murinus webbing but still the way she webbed the soil and rocks looked very odd. I liked it.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How about one of the avics? Their funnel webs are cool. Besides, they're really cute! :D

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just about any aboreal that I can think of.
I have to say that my A. versi made his web so thick and tight that it was a minor struggle to get it out of the tank when I had to clean it. It plastered any climb to the side of the glass. Very tight. The wood wasnt goin anywhere.

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Webbers...

bonesmama said:
How about one of the avics? Their funnel webs are cool. Besides, they're really cute! :D
Greenbottle's are prolific web builders. Often covering the entire inside of their enclosure with beautiful silk. Plus their striking colors are much "ooh and ahh" from any would be observer.
My good friend Bones does have a point though. Avicularia's can create awesome silk tube abodes, some of which can be elaborate.
Cheers for the Avics Bones!! :D :)
Greg

Dragoon

ArachnoGoon
Old Timer
My web champs are the Holothele inceis, the Orphnaceous sp. and the Chilobrachys andersonni.
My andersonni is named Ghoul for all the spooky web it creates. Its always visible and a great pet. The other two I mentioned are rarely seen.
D.