Genus Thrixopelma

omer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
amaizing T . and good pic'. it look very similar to E.pulcherrimaklaasi, or it the same?

H-D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
omer said:
amaizing T . and good pic'.
I'll second that! How is her/his temperament (I tend to go for the more docile T)? My local dealer has one at a very reasonable price and it would by my first 'blue' T.

FryLock

Banned
Old Timer
omer said:
amaizing T . and good pic'. it look very similar to E.pulcherrimaklaasi, or it the same?
Thrixopelma cyaneum used to be called Hommeoma.sp “ Peru ” or sometimes Hommeoma.sp “Small Blue” or even Cyclosternum.sp “Cobalt Blue Redrump”.

The spider which is sold as E.pulcherrimaklaasi nowdays is normally Hommeoma.sp “Blue” which is a larger spider then T.cyaneum also the real E.pulcherrimaklaasi maybe almost lost in the hobby now there may only be a few older W/C females still around :(.

omer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i just bought 2 E.pulcherrimaklaasi so i hope they r the real and not O.sp "blue"

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how big does thrixopelma cyaneum get? whats the maximum size of both male and female? :?

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i wish my 2" t. cyaneolum would get that stunning look quicker :drool:. everyone: are they slow growers in your experience?

problemchildx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the lovely pics, hasek.. Was having a hard time finding this sp on google image.

How rare are any of these species in the US? They are quite stunning