Genus Acanthoscurria

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Noting the popularity of Acanthoscurria geniculata, I figured that this thread would be nice.
"Genics" have all the qualities that make great tarantulas, great. They are very attractive, and large. Not major hair flickers, and not bitey. They have the best feeding response of any tarantula, sometimes eating the same day before a molt. They're also a great display species, tending not to hide, but hang in the open.
Rather than posting the "wow, nice genic" comments, post pics instead.
john

Attachments

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a pic of mine resting on the rocks I have in her cage for decorating purposes....I don't know why she likes sitting on the rocks.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I posted this one before, but why not stick on topic :)

Bill

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 20 of these, this is a pic of one of my giants... ah well, will be one day...

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi, here is a pic of my Jenna. Petitegreeneyes took the pic for me, how nice:) I hope this works as I have never posted a pic before.
Here goes, Pam

Attachments

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: The A. geniculata appreciation thread; Post your pics!

Look at that adorable little face...lol.. very cute.

Originally posted by LaRiz
Noting the popularity of Acanthoscurria geniculata, I figured that this thread would be nice.
"Genics" have all the qualities that make great tarantulas, great. They are very attractive, and large. Not major hair flickers, and not bitey. They have the best feeding response of any tarantula, sometimes eating the same day before a molt. They're also a great display species, tending not to hide, but hang in the open.
Rather than posting the "wow, nice genic" comments, post pics instead.
john

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
someone say genic pics?

I agree fully John genics are a fantastic display species. Here's a few shots of my female.
enjoy

Phil

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Nah, J-lo didn't flick at all once I got her out... which wasn't very long, mind you..

Bill

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Bill, is your hand itching? My genic's hairs REALLY mess with me after holding it -- for days -- even a rash.

Anyways, here's a pic of mine:

Jon

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by conipto
Nah, J-lo didn't flick at all once I got her out... which wasn't very long, mind you..

Bill
I get a rash just from mine walking on me.

Jon

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dang Jon,
That girl looks really big. I guess thats why their called giant white knee, they saw your's. How big?

Ernie

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by MrT
Dang Jon,
That girl looks really big. I guess thats why their called giant white knee, they saw your's. How big?

Ernie
Well, if I could ever get her to stretch out, I'd probably measure her at over 6 inches.

Jon

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
Wow, nice genic's

Sorry, I don't have one, so I must say all of you have beu T's. Ernie's is one fat little piggie :D !

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mines in its burrow right now.. once it comes out ill snatch a pic of it n post it ;P
Very nice pics, cant wait till mine molts a few more times