NightCrawlers for food?????

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just wanted to know if any of ya's have ever tried feeding nightcrawlers (large worms) to your T's. If so what the outcome was. :?

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I never tried NightCrawlers but I think if the T didn't eat it right away, it would burrow into the substrate.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never tried, but the keepers guide says you can. I think i could prolly try on one of my blondi, everything that hits the ground he nails right away.

-Mattyb

Adam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would assume these are captive-bred ones? I don't think you'd want a wild one with who knows how many chemicals in its system...

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it moves even for a little bit, I'm sure my genic will eat it, I just dont like it, it might leave some slimmy sticky gunk on my T's fangs....yuck.

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm just guessing here but I don't think they would have as much nutritional value as crickets or mealworms.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
speakin of worms, what would you do if ya had one burrow into the substrate? what would you do to get it out?

critterz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
jbrd said:
speakin of worms, what would you do if ya had one burrow into the substrate? what would you do to get it out?

I think that is something to consider, only because earthworms cannot live at room temperature. THey die and turn to moldy white slime smears. So if you're using them as feeders, caution is advised to avoid escapes.

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive tried it, and my T's loved them. Though I havent given them any in a long while.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i fed my garbage disposal G. rosea some large worms before. She ate 'em.

some of my other tarantulas and scropions didn't know what to do with them.

a couple of my immature guys were scared of the worm =P

and i've recovered live worms a month or two after i dropped them in the cage of a H. spinifer scorp :)

ta2edpop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yep

Best thing to do is soak 'em in water for 24 hours. This gives them the chance to "EXPELL" any thing inside them. I use hemis to fed the though, cause the will bury themselves with some great quickness!!

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think its best to feed earthworms to your spiders when they are really hungry and will eatalmost aything. I find if it just throw one in randomly they burrow in to the ground or the spider just sits there. But if i had't gotten the chance to get some cricket and a few days pass and I;m nervous i throw one in and they eat it all up