Preserving a dead Tarantula (Taxidermist)

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi ya all, I was wondering, does anyone here know how to preserve a tarantula after it dies without being in liquids ?? I wanted to make small displays with the T's dead body fully concerved even the abdomen.. Does anyone knows how to do that ?? PLz explain in details thank you.

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Actually, thats close but its not what i wanted to do. I was thinking more on the lines of this:

Attachments

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
U have to feel it with KNO3 mixed with woter , and pin it to something ,

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BakuBak said:
U have to feel it with KNO3 mixed with woter , and pin it to something ,
Man could u possibly explain to me in details for a newbie ? what is KNO3

bugsnstuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
potassium nitrate, or is it nitrite? i can never remember, lol

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have checked out the link you sent me , the pics give me an idea what is he injecting is that all that has to be done to preserve a dead T ?? what concentration should the chemical be ??

As for the insectnet. its to large , what should i look for , i am not familiar with the words in english that might describe this process that i've been wanting to do.

Plz any helps ??

BakuBak

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hmmm in many casesys dryeing in worm place is enought , this chemicals are used to secure spider from fungal infection ( it would destroy it ) and it dont small bad ( so bad) when dryeing ,

instad of using chemicals U may use scalpel : U have to cut bottom of abdomen , disembowel , put some cotton inside and sew up

Cpt.nemO

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
what abou tif i leave in the sun won't it crumple up due to de hidration ?? what about the things inside the cefalothorax won;t they rotten up ?? What about for smaller spider that has a small abdomen. any other suggestion other than sewing the abdomen back to its normal state ?