beginner aggressive t's?

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was just thinking if theres a good beginner t, there should also be a good beginner aggressive t. after having experiences with docile t's it's time to move up the ladder and get more aggressive t's. what are some good beginner aggressive t's? :?

Jaden

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Good aggressive beginner tarantula.

P. murinus hands down. Easy to take care of and pretty easy to find when buying.

Rounder

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think P. irminia are an excellent stepping stone to faster, more skittish/aggressive/defensive Ts.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My very first T was a Citharischius crawshayi. I heard it said that they are aggressive/defensive. I treat her with respect and she has been a prize.

xWARxPATHx

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just started in the hobby, I own 2 defensive and 1 "aggresive" T. One is a P. cancerides and a H. lividum. I have an aggresive T its unidentified until it molts but it tries attacking me several times without even a threat pose or hair kicking.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well dude, choose the T that you prefer , study her hard and buy her

keep in head that what you have is quick and defensive, evertyhing should be fine

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
the first aggressive t that i bought was a Citharischius crawshayi sling. it's a great t. i give it the respect it deserves. i was thinking of getting ephebopus murinus(not sure if i got the name right) as my 2nd aggressive t. :)

greenbay1

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would second the motion that you should get what you want. If you get it as a sling you really get to know it's habits are able to judge it's actions better. The OBT is always a good start - tough as nails, fast as lightening, mean as .... {D . Just kidding about the last part, I think......

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i agree with the choice of the OBT (from what i've read). that's what i want too :drool:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
murinus was my first asgressive T and the FIRST day, the first 5 min she gave me a big lesson, they're amazingly quick (yes she escaped) luckely I found her back, till this day I respect her more

Last edited:

Whiskeypunk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
L. Parahybana

Here you go

L. parahybana, my sling (Spunky) is totally active and facsinating to watch, but it'll flick hairs at anything. And it's so CUTE!

Imagine, if you will, two tight-pants wearing, spiked bracelet, leather clad, manly punks staring at our new L. Parahybana slings, swooning over how cute they are.

johnrey19

Arachnopeon
bro. try some Haplopelmas-- aggressive but only if you mess up the hole. At least thats how my minax behave.. :)

harrymaculata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whiskeypunk said:
Here you go

L. parahybana, my sling (Spunky) is totally active and facsinating to watch, but it'll flick hairs at anything. And it's so CUTE!

you are so luck mine just bites i think its mother had a naughty affair with an obt :D {D

sunpoe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first was P. regalis and to be honest she isn't really aggressive at all. Though, she is teleoportation like fast.

Last edited:

jet

Arachnopeon
My juvenile T.blondi by far is the quickiest, and most territorial. However my C.crawshayi and P.murinus are runing a VERY close second.

NickS1004

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what about P. cancerides?

fast growing, eats like a pig, easy to keep..nice color changes as they grow, and can definitely be considered agressive.

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think all of the above are good choices, great Ts. My P. cancerides is an easy to care for, as is my L. parahybana, which is a fast grower. They both can be defensive, but not near as much as my blondi....but any of the ones listed here are great spiders!

Huk7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of the arboreals are good choices:

P.regalis - Nice looking and the closest spider ever to have 'nearly' bitten me!!

P.cambridgei - Fast, Aggressive but in their own way appealing

P.Irminia - Same as the cambridgei but arguably better looking

They are all pretty hardy, but if looks are important then the Regalis wins hands down every time.

I've noticed that there are a few recommendations for Blondi's and although they don't take much s**t from anyone, I wouldn't call them truly aggressive, well that's my opinion of my group anyway :D

Last edited:

The_Monk

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got a p. regalis, she's got some lovely markings and damn she's quick! Im always on guard when doin anything in the tank, and still she makes me jump!!