Which T. spins the nicest web?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I would like to get another Tarantula for my collection but now I would like one that spins a nice web being thick and one you can see in an aquarium. Which T spins a thick heavy web> Thanks, Trey

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Arboreals often web a lot, but not all do it excessively. Other than that you could get yourself a P. murinus, or OBT for short ;). That's not exactly a beginner species though. Then you have the Chromaptophelma cyaneopubescens (or even called GGB) which is a very beautiful T with a huge appetite. Might be a bit skittish, but not aggressive.

Captante

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My 2 C. huahini's do by far the most webbing, both are in small KK's & have pretty much filled them up with tunnels.. next most is P. chordatus but its just on the surface
of her substrate, my 2 P. murinus's don't do much webbing despite their reputation for it.

Valledelsole

Arachnopeon
Ciao,

in my experience Chilobrachys species spin so much web that they usually fill the whole cage, never seen tarantulas with such a webbing attitude!

Ste

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus bechuanicus, mine covers the entire cage in a thick white mat.

arachnopimpess

Arachnopeon
only my h.lividium spins web he attaches it to the top of his house. The lil sod loves to jump out for a split secnd and show you his fangs even though he is but a baby. Love it though looks pretty in a massivly complex kinda way...(if that made any sense what so ever)

Matthew

ArachnoTexan
Old Timer
my vote...

Chilobrachys fimbriatus.... Super cool webs!

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Ts make the nicest webs, for sure.

Seriously though, I'd have to say Stromatopelma calceatum. They have colors in their webs sometimes and I have proof!

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I agree with Spydrhunter.
My bechuanicus does the same. Every corner of it's enclosure has a thick white hammock, 1 of which leads into it's burrow. As well with my darlingii. And marshalli. And brachycephalus. My thinly veiled suggestion (bias) is go with any Ceratogyrus species.

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
C. cyaneopubescens and H. incei

they both web a ton...and are beautiful T's as well.

Crimsonpanther

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My OBT has some mass amounts of webbing..as well as my GBB.....I'd hafta say they are in a tie with me for fantasic webbing :?

Niloticus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Trey said:
Ok, I would like to get another Tarantula for my collection but now I would like one that spins a nice web being thick and one you can see in an aquarium. Which T spins a thick heavy web> Thanks, Trey
The Chilobrachys genus is notorious for thick and intricate webbing. Quite an impressive sight.

Niloticus

GabooN

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My fasciatum has layed down a nice web, you can see her/him working on it almost every night at some point. Nice colours to boot as well

Beccas_824

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My only T's that really put down a lot of webbing that i have are my C. cyaneopubescens and my OBT. the GBB likes to make thick intricate tunnels which are pretty cool IMO. My Avics put down a decend amount as well. If you like true spiders, I think there are some of them that put down awsome webs, like an orb weever, I think its called.

RVS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In my collection, the Chilobrachys' definitely do the most webbing.
I have one C. huahini and two C. fimbriatus'. They're also probably the favorites of my collection.