What do your friends and family think about your Ts

bugs4life

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What do your friends and family members think about your Ts? Two of my brothers and my sis all have T's themselves, so they're cool with it. My mom thinks they're gross and my dad only prays to God they don't escape lol. Some of my friends are like "Remind me to never go to your house again" and others are like "Oh cool, I'll have to see it sometime"

Last edited:

fleshstain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've got about a 60/40 split....60% like em and the other 40% think i'm crazy....the coolest part for me is i've gotten a few people over their arachnophobia with some of my calmer t's....

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I told my mother (in Germany) about my new hobby she told me I needed to seek "professional help". {D Nobody is really enthused by the spiders at all, when in fact my younger son got me hooked when he decided he really really wanted one sometime in March last year.

Mostly I get the "crazy" look from family and friends now, as they've given up on explaining to me that it just isn't right. What do they know? {D

---
Wendy
---

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My mother completely dispises my tarantula and always wants me to get rid of it (that's never going to happen). My dad doesn't mind but doesn't really care about it. My sister could also care less. My friends all think I am crazy and need professional help as well. No one I know likes them in the least bit.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Most of them think I'm crazy. My dad just shakes his head. My husband just shakes his head. My mom actually thinks they're interesting and even bought a couple Ts herself, although they all stay at my house and she just comes over once in a while and looks at them. My sisters won't come upstairs into the spider room. They get as far as the living room and then invariably someone asks if there's been any escapes lately. Sheesh! I only had the two and both were recovered! :rolleyes:

ArachnoHaze

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most people i know think im weird ;P , Sound's like it's the same all over...Oh well they dont know what there missing :D

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
I guess there's 20% against it, 20% find it really cool, and the rest find it interesting, see my flat as a private zoo and are curious to come and check the place out but they wouldn't wanna get deeper involved.

Stefan-V

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My dad loves them, my mom doesn't care, my sister is used to weird pets. My family is popular of having a lot of pets.

Lil Red Legs

Arachnopeon
The love for T's is mine alone. Although the other half likes to tell everyone that "we" have T's, he has never even gotten so close as to breathe on one. My parents think they are disgusting slimy things, and refuse to even look at them. BUT... the neighborhood kids LOVE them, and are knocking on my door all afternoon asking if they can come in and see the spiders. This came from Halloween night.. was warm here so I took a few of my better looking containers outside onto a table on the front porch and decorated it up with the T's as a centerpiece. 40 bags of candy later I can happily say that we had the most popular trick or treating house in the neighborhood !!

Sm0k3d

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My dad thinks their kinda cool. But all my friends and the rest of my family think they are gross animals and shouldnt be kept as pets.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
My sister wont come to the house anymore, much to my husbands delight, so HE loves them! :D My sister also tells everyone I have roaches all over my house....she neglects to tell them they are in CAGES.. ugh.. Shes so annoying.

DanCameron

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My mom isn't too thrilled with my 'weird' hobby of tarantula care. She actually aske, "Why can't you collect trains or something normal?" My step-dad thinks they are alright and sometimes comes into my room to watch them feed. My friends find them interesting and have deemed me the "Creepy Spider Guy." There are very few people that I encounter that despise them to the point where they won't allow them into the house at all. Of course I like to take that as an opportunity to tell them how many house spiders are roaming free, and could possibly do more medical damage to them than a tarantula in a cage. That's actually how I got my mom to allow me to have tarantulas. That, and I just kinda started buying them and by then it was too late for her to stop me.

Skypainter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Two of my best friends think it's a cool hobby, one of them has a rose hair. My sister has found them fascinating since I gave her the chore of checking them for water while I am gone to school during the week. Now she wants one for herself. The first words out of my mom's mouth when my sister told her about my new hobby were "Oh God!!!" {D My ex girlfriend hated spiders.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
several friends think it is cool but I am too obsessed with it. most of my coworkers like the critters, but we all work with animals professionally. all my family thinks i am just nuts.

BGBYTOY

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most people think the same thing,,,, I'm wacko!! But I have a neighbor that wants to come look at them when she found out I have them.. The guy that's going to feed our Critters when we go on a cruise in a few weeks used to catch and keep them in Southern Texas when he was a kid to a teen..SO they don't bother him at all..

My Daughter won't come to the house if she knows they're out.. The Wife was really against them at first, but now she has actually held one.. And the Grandsons, have one each of their own, and the Youngest (Turns 5 in a couple of days) ask's every day if we can get them out and hold them...

I have only met one Girl, that says WOW COOL....

dustypa

Arachnopeon
what does my family think about my Ts?

Well i no longer get visitors, if thats all it took i wouldve got em years ago...I love my Ts!!! :)

Spydergirl31

Arachnopeon
Tarantula thoughts...

My eldest son loves them! My husband doesn't care much for them, I love them and I'm fascinated by them and the baby shouts and points at them until I say "spider!"
My Mother in Law hates them with a passion and is scared one might escape while she is staying here on vacation and my Father in Law thinks I am weird! My Mum and step-Dad think I'm a bit mad! The neighborhood kids LOVE them! So we have the whole spectrum of reactions! :cool:

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, they think we (Dojang and I) are weird. Some won't even come to our apartment anymore. But that's okay, that's why we have each other. We love our children (and they are less scary frankly than some other people's "real" children!). :p

Karen

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh boy . . . My dad thinks I'm a freak. My mom's curious and thinks they're a little interesting, but wants nothing to do with them. My sisters are in the same boat with my dad along with the rest of the family. I tried to teach my little niece about T's and scorps only to have her mom tell her they're dirty, nasty and evil.

One of my friends and his GF are "afraid" of spiders (yet they have a pair of 9 foot Red Tail Boas . . .) SHE's actually the one who's been brave enough to step foot into the Kritter Room but also told me that she'd never be able to sleep in my place.

One of my managers at work, who I've been friends with since we were waiters together, is the only other person in my immediate circle of friends who shares my interest.

I brought one of my Chilobrachys' exuviums to my ex's place, showed it to her like the proud "daddy" I was and she nearly fainted. We broke up shortly after.