Genus Homoeomma

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Guess these belong here, for now at least.

Young female Homeomma sp. "blue" (the large one).

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Very nice! Are they common in the hobby? (im in the UK so might be a little different to other places)

Grupofix

Arachnopeon
I'm so sorry about that but this looks more as Euathlus pulcherimaklaasi then Homeomma.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are beautiful. Almost like a G.pulchripes but the stripes aren't as pronounced and the carapace looks a bit more shiny.

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is what I believe is Homeomma sp. "blue" I'm still not a hundred percent sure yet though.

Then I took one without flash

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I forgot one. Its a little older but she's still huge. I'd say close to 7"

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Hi Fred , your spider looks alot like Lasiodorides striatus to me. 7 inches seems to big for Homeomma as well.

Later, Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Seems like its spelled Homoeomma anyways and this whole thread is just a big mistake haha. I thought there was another thread on these that I couldn't find...

Later, Tom

Fred

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree! Originially I thought she was an L striatus, and after posting numerous pictures of her, a lot of people have suggested that she's is either Hommoeomma sp "blue" or some typle of thrixopelma. ahh I'm confused now, oh well she's an awesome spider.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree! Originially I thought she was an L striatus, and after posting numerous pictures of her, a lot of people have suggested that she's is either Hommoeomma sp "blue" or some typle of thrixopelma. ahh I'm confused now, oh well she's an awesome spider.
That is Lasiodorides striatus, and not Homoeomma sp or Thrixopelma

Anastasia

c.h.esteban

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello Anastasia & Philth

SCHMIDT & ANTONELLI described L. striatus with 2 Stripes at Patella and Tibia and 1 stripe at Metatarsus. They also described the color as dark brown or black w a metallic cooper shine (especially beside the eyes) and long red hair at the Opisthosoma.

In my opinion L. striatus should look a little bit like that:

Bye